Rentals in Detroit>Question Details

Brownsugar2u, Home Owner in Detroit, MI

I have my paper work sign by the judge and they have given the date for them to be out of the home or pay if they don'n do either what do I do

Asked by Brownsugar2u, Detroit, MI Wed Feb 22, 2012

next? Will I be able to change the lock on the doors that day, or do I have to get some one from the courts to handle putting them out?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Detroit

Help the community by answering this question:


Call the telephone number on the link below. Generally you need either the sheriff or local police to effect an eviction if someone is refusing to leave. Once they're gone you can change the locks. If personal property is left behind, you may need to hold onto it for a period of time (by law). Once you gain possession of the property IMMEDIATELY change locks to prevent them from reentering.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 22, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer