Rentals in 33606>Question Details

Walter Gheor…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

I have just accepted a work contract with a Tampa firm and will be moving here this summer and i wanted to know how hard will it be for me to rent.

Asked by Walter Gheorghiu, Outside U.S. Mon Jan 20, 2014

I am not a US citizen and this will be the first time in the US so i do not have a rental background and i see most decent communities require it for there residents.
I will be able to provide proof of income and of employment and if needed a few months of rent in advance (plus the security deposit), but what i want to know is how difficult will it be for me to be accepted.

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in 33606

Answers

5
it is not the "normal" situation, but not unheard of either. I would suggest to work with single family homes and not the commercial landlord. What I mean is that the corporations have guidlelines that are usually fixed in their underwriting requirements. An individual landlord can be more flexible.
Thank you for the answer , i am generally interested in apartment communities since they have some extra facilities like ( pool , gym ....) and i`m single so i do not need a lot of room .
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
It's a prudent idea to rent in a complex. Otherwise if you decide to rent from an individual owner you must do research to verify the person collecting the rental money and deposit is actually the owner. We have had several cases in Tampa where someone advertises and then meets the tenant at the property and collects the money. Then the sheriff shows up and that tenant has to move and may have difficulty ever getting their money back.

I would think with verifiable income and possibly an extra deposit you will not have any problem.

No credit history is better than a negative credit history.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 21, 2014
Thank you for the feedback.
I want to go the complex way for the added facilities and the safety of the actual rental contract ( i wold really like to avoid stuff like what you have mentioned happen)
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
You don't need a rental background to rent. Finding a place to rent is not that hard. Just visit zillow.com enter the location you are interested and minimize your search to rent. In it will show you residents that are renting in the area, it also provides rent amount as well as deposit.
In lieu of a rental history, you would need a copy of your visa status...so the owners could know as much as possible about your job title, amount of time allowed to stay here, and such items....also you would be expected to pay the deposit, plus first and last month rent....that's pretty standard though....it would greatly help if you plan to stay at least a year....most places expect that...so in summary, it should not be all that hard to help you out...but please get with me well in advance before you come and tell me what area you need, what your expected rental payment should be....so I can do the necessary research....it's best to be 100% knowledgeable in advance.....should you have further questions please give me a call... Wen at 813 244 8283 Oh, and once you get settled in you should be accepted just fine...by your neighbors....The landlord doesn't really care, they see this kind of thing all the time...usually letting the realtor handle the paperwork....
Call me. I lend mortgages to foreign nationals. 727-331-0468. This way you can own instead of renting.