I have dogs, & am planning a move to Reno from NY, and will need to rent while I familiarize myself with the area.

Asked by Cat, New York Tue Jul 24, 2012

I have owned my own homes for over 20 years & have 3 dogs, so this is a challenge. I am an artistic person who hates well-manicured, carpeted homes, and, I surely do not mind going to the outskirts of town, in fact prefer it, But it seems "those" kinds of rentals are the more, "word of mouth" kinds that you DON'T find online! SO, anybody know of some cool, converted barn on the outskirts for rent? I rented in Manhatten with the same dogs; am very clean, have references & the dogs & I are very mellow; and 1 doesn't even count, as she fits in my purse!

Answers

7
Mark Butler, Renter, Washoe Valley, NV
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hi Cat! I have a rental- not manicured - beautiful views-great light. Still looking? And your price range? Cathy
Bonnie Star, Agent, Reno, NV
Fri Aug 24, 2012
I have a rental available that will accomadate your dogs. It's $1,000 a month. Hardwood floors. 3 bedroom 2 bath. It has a fenced backyard. Please let me know if you want to know more,

A fellow pet advocate,
Bonnie Star
Dreams Realty
775-473-8942
, ,
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Reno may not be New York but there it does have a lot to offer. We are close to Lake Tahoe which is one of the most beautiful lakes and the largest alpine lake in North America. Pyramid Lake is another lake that is close to Reno. if lakes aren't your thing then consider hiking or skiing. We have great skiing at Mt. Rose and we are close to Boreal (night skiing), Squaw Valley, and North Star, just to name a few.

There is more to Reno than just gambling. We have four seasons. Reno really does have a winter, spring, summer, and fall.

We have numerous summer events such as Hot August Nights, Reno Air Races, The Rib Cook Off, The Greek Festival, The Italian Festival, Street Vibrations and more. We have a huge Octoberfest too.

If you're looking for Art and Culture then I would suggest that you take the 3 1/2 hour drive to San Francisco and on the way stop at Apple Hill or even Sacramento, California's state capital. :)

For more information about Reno and what it has to offer I would suggest that you visit http://www.visitrenotahoe.com/reno-tahoe/what-to-do

Good luck with the move and welcome to Reno!
Unhappy Livi…, Home Owner, Reno, NV
Thu Aug 2, 2012
DONOT MOVE TO RENO NEVADA. ESPECIALLY YOU BE A NEW YORKER. THEY DONOT HAVE THE MUSEMS, RICH CULTURE, THE ONLY THINGS HERE IS GAMBLING. I AM A NEW YORKER AND BELIEVE ME YOU WILL NOT FIT IN. IT'S BETTER TO MOVE UPSTATE NY OR BOSTON ANY WERE ELSE BUT HERE. THE LIBRARIES HAVE NO BOOKS WORTH READING. NEW YORKERS ARE KNOWN TO BE STRAIGHT FORWARD PEOPLE THEY TAKE AS BEING AGGRESSIVE AND RUDE. THEIRE ARE NO TREES, GRASS, OR LAKES. UNLESS YOUR WILLING TO DRIVE TO TAHOE. THE ARTS LIKE NY HERE THERE IS NONE. MOVE TO OREGON. SOUTHERN OREGON WHERE IT DOESN'T RAIN SO MUCH. DOWNTOWN RENO LOOKS LIKE A ATOMIC BOMB HIT IT. THEY DONOT HAVE THE FESTIVALS LIKE BACK HOME AND THERE ARE NO BEACHES. IF YOU WANT A FARM LAND TO LIVE ON GO TO IDAHOE, OREGON EVEN MONTANA IS BETTER THEN THIS PLACE. I'VE LIVE HERE FOR ONE YEAR AND I AM LEAVING. DONOT MOVE TO RENO..................................................
Larry Drees, , Reno, NV
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Craigslist, dear. Craigslist.
http://reno.craigslist.org/apa/
Adam Krzesni…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Tue Jul 24, 2012
You must to look in their local classified, That should be your number 1 source,
Also you can give a call to a local real estate offices.
Thank You
Clark Riel, Agent, Reno, NV
Tue Jul 24, 2012
I use a service for my rentals and they hook up prospective tenants and landlords. They may be of some help or at least it can't hurt contacting them...and the landlords pays for the service. Reno Rental Finders, 775-342-5478. Good luck and welcome to Reno.