I have been offered a job in Coeur D Alene and I am thinking of reloction from California to Ceur D Alene, Spokane Valley or spokane.

Asked by ccsondrisa, Coeur D Alene, ID Wed Nov 7, 2012

I have been told for someone new to the Area and in thier late 20s that Spokane Valley can be a good choice since it has close venues and more of a population. I was wondering if anyone has ideas on good specific areas or housing that could be visit when I am up there to take a look around. Or any tips on other areas around there.

Answers

12
Mike Mayfield, , Newport, WA
Fri May 31, 2013
You might want to spread your search out a little bit. It is a 40 minute commute from mid-Spokane to CdA. I have a listing for a gorgeous 4500 sf home on 18 acres in Newport with only a 45 minute commute for $387K. You can get a lot more home and enjoy country living for a lot less money. Check out http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/61-Bigfoot-Rd-Newport-WA-9…
Esquisitelove, Home Buyer, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Don't live in the valley..but CDA or south hill is great!
Julie Kuhlma…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Yes, regardless of whether you live in ID or WA, if you are working in ID you will be paying income tax.
Jeannette Ka…, Agent, Spokane Valley, WA
Thu Jan 3, 2013
I believe if the job is in C d'A you will be taxed ID rates regardless of where you live so be sure to ask that question in your research. Living in Spokane Valley or Liberty Lake would give you access to both job markets.
W. Michael K…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Remember that there income tax in Idaho and not in WA. Some areas have higher taxes in Idaho, but be sure to check these two factors out. Supply of houses (choices) are greater in the Spokane Valley and Spokane than CD. If I can be of help please go to my site.
anon ymous, Other Pro, Veradale, AR
Mon Dec 31, 2012
I grew up in Southern CA and also lived for many years in Northern CA, and moved to Spokane about 18 years ago. I say, move up right away! Browne's Addition in Spokane is an eclectic neighborhood, one of the oldest historic neighborhoods in town, with a mix of lovely old homes and modern condos. It is a 15 minute walk to downtown to shop, see a movie, or run on the Centennial trail. It has its own restaurants, a coffee shop, and food store. Many young professionals live in this neighborhood. Another area to check out is the Perry District, which is located on the South Side. It is also convenient to everything and has a neighborhood feel. Good luck!
Lori Thomas, Agent, Spokane, WA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
I am originally from California myself and have been in Spokane since 2007. I made a few trips up here before deciding to move and I talked to everyone I came in contact with and asked opinions on best area, best schools, etc. I live on the South Hill which was what everyone had told me was the best place to be and I still think it is. It only takes a couple minutes to be downtown although you don't feel like you're close to downtown when you're at home. There are lots of nice areas to live here so it all depends on what you're looking for.
ccsondrisa, Renter, Coeur D Alene, ID
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Thank you everyone for your insight. I was not aware of the tax diffrence and that is something I will diffinetly take into account. I am coming up this weekend to check out some parts of the town so I will keep this all in mind.
Julie Kuhlma…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Congratulations on the new job!

Coeur d'Alene, Post Falls & Spokane have a lot to offer. There is a wealth of information on http://www.citytowninfo.com/.

Post Falls, ID and Liberty Lake, WA are good central location between Coeur d'Alene & Spokane Valley, and it is just a 15 minute drive into downtown Spokane. If you haven't visited our area you will find that wherever you end up you are not far from all kinds of activities.

You do pay income tax in Idaho, but sales tax rates are lower which offsets it a bit. There is also a homeowners exemption for your primary residence which also helps to reduce your property taxes.

Right now the over-saturation in Post Falls has created MANY very affordable homes compared to just a few years ago.

Best of luck to you on your relocation! I am licensed in both states so feel free to use me as a resource if you need more information.
BethAnn Long, Agent, Spokane, WA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Congrats in the job offer!
There are different type area's here in the Spokane area to fit almost any personality! I have had the pleasure of helping dozens of people relocate here.
As a life long resident, I am passionate about our area and would be glad to help!
Web Reference:  http://www.bethannhomes.com
Mallard Real…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Thu Nov 8, 2012
I would call a local real estate company to ask. Here's the number for the Keller Williams there: (509) 458-4000. There's also a Coldwell Banker and Century 21. Call around - I'm sure someone will be willing to help!
W. Michael K…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Check out the fact that Idaho has an income tax where WA does not. Generally, CDA housing is more expensive and less selection than Spokane.