I have a felony drug charge from 2 years ago and have 4 years left on probation. I can't find a property that allows anyone on probation to

Asked by Tolli, Dallas Center, IA Thu Sep 23, 2010

rent.HelP Must be in Collin County
Loft or open floor plan
700 max rent
No pets
Can have probation officer write a letter
Active in church, volunteer work in community, work for a non profit youth ministry, and doing very well
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andy Onushco’s answer
Andy Onushco, Agent, Helena, MT
Tue Dec 21, 2010
If you can save up some extra $$$ offer to pay first and last month's rent along with the security deposit. That lowers the risk for the landlord and might make them reconsider. Always be honest and upfront. Good luck!
0 votes
Vilma Teodoro, , Provo, UT
Mon Dec 8, 2014
If you have a current lawyer or criminal defense attorney, you could ask them for suggestions. Also, I know that not all apartment landlords run background checks. If they do, then you could as for a letter of recommendation from your local church or parole officer. That would improve your chances at finding a contract.
0 votes
Lori Murphy, Renter, Plano, TX
Tue Dec 21, 2010
If you are still looking for an apartment , I can help! Email me at lmhomes@gmail.com
0 votes
I need your help
Flag Wed Sep 20, 2017
Sameer Punja…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010

Hello, I did some research and found this link on google.


It pretty much says if you can find a private landlord that doesnt do background checks, then you should be good.

Good Luck
0 votes
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Honesty is the best policy! Ask around at your church for a referral or for letters of recommendation to submit with your applications. I'm sure there are many people in your life that want you to be successful in your efforts to get your life on track.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more