I don't have good rental history. My question would be is there any one that would rent out a house or apartment to me in a very pleasant

Asked by ttamani2001, Arlington, TX Wed May 15, 2013

neighbor.

Answers

2
Terry Farnsw…, Agent, Lisle, IL
Thu May 16, 2013
Your best bet would be to check on Craigslist with a private owner. Be sure to be very upfront and transparent about your history, and be prepared to explain in detail the circumstances surrounding why your rental history is unsatisfactory.

The truth is, most properties listed with real estate agents are likely going to require a "higher" standard of credit history and references - because the owner is paying an agent, and likely expecting a more qualified tenant as a result. Many of these properties have hefty application fees associated with them - so it can add up if you have judgments or issues on your credit that will result in multiple rejections.

At the end of the day - the most important thing is to be upfront about your credit/rental history from the start. It will save everyone, but most importantly you, a lot of time, energy, and money. You would be well served to pull a copy of your credit report from an online outlet in advance. You might save some money in application fees by going that route, if you can provide a recent copy yourself to the owner/landlord.

Hope that helps!
Howard Weiss, Agent, Arlington, TX
Thu May 16, 2013
They might if you have a very large security deposit
How large I am interested to know?
Flag Fri Sep 9, 2016