I asked a question sometime back regarding rentals in Chicago. So, I accepted a job offer at Loyola University at Maywood IL.

Asked by Maks, Houston, TX Wed Jan 16, 2013

I will be moving from Houston and my daughter is in the magnet/ gifted-talented program. My question was to find rentals in good school district. I found that most Gifted Talented schools are in Chicago - and I dont know how much the commute will be - if someone can help, I will very much appreciate!
What I found close to Maywood is - Oak Brook and Hinsdale..good elementary schools. Can anyone help me with finding rental properties? For schools - Brook forest elementary, Monroe, Madison, Lane, Elm, Walker and Prospect - I need to find proper rental properties. I found only one - Hidden Lakes of Hinsdale.
I also found Naperville school district 203/ 204 might be good, but then it is a good 1 hour commute to Loyola..can anyone please suggest? I will be also open to looking for good foreclosed properties depending on condition etc.
Mayukh

Answers

8
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hi Maks,

I have owned homes in both Naperville and Hinsdale; they are both have excellent schools. Commute times vary greatly depending on time of day. Hopefully you are working non-traditional traditional hours. Oak Park/River Forest and Riverside/Brookfield are both excellent schools that are much closer to Maywood.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hopefully someone who is an expert in the areas close to Loyola in Maywood will log in soon to help find you a good rental. Naperville is NOT an hour away and should be a good option if you're focused on the school system. Also look at River Forest. I would not try to live in downtown Chicago and reverse commute. There's no need to do that. Best of luck.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Plenty of quality homes in higher achieving school districts exist within a 30 minute drive from Loyola. I'd be glad to assist you with your rental search. Be prepared to provide, Income, Credit and Past Housing History.
Web Reference:  http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Randall Lanc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Well there are so many variables in your request. My suggestion is first visit my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com I just recently helped another family from Houston being relocated to Chicago. I am experienced in relocation and rentals and live only 6 blocks away from Loyola University. I am a CDPE (work extensively with Foreclosure and Short Sales). I am a long time resident of Chicago and it's surrounding burbs. I would love to assist you in your home search. My website and services are free too you.
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you what I have
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
I would team up with a good leasing agent. its free to use their services. They would be able to help guide you through the process, at no cost to you.
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Mayukh,

Looks like you have two agents below who know how to meet your needs.

Congratulations on your new position.
Jimmy Li, , Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Would you like to live in the vibrant Chicago downtown? South loop elementry and and Skinner are great schools. I would suggest you live in west loop or south loop to enjoy the city on the weekends. There are a lot of festivals in those area.

If you want more help, you can contact me.
brokerjimmyli@gmail.com
Bricks Realty LLC.