I and my boyfriend of a few years are looking to rent in the West Metro area. Excelsior, Chanhassen, St. Louis Park, Chaska, etc...

Asked by Donna, Excelsior, MN Sat May 25, 2013

There is no children and I have 2 pet birds that live with us. My credit is very good and I have no criminal history. However, my boyfriend has okay credit and he has been denied a couple of times by some large rental management companies because his background report shows he has a criminal record even though it was dismissed. Does anyone know where we may be accepted?
Thank you for any help.

Answers

3
Lenny Frolov, Agent, Brooklyn Park, MN
Tue May 28, 2013
If his background makes it difficult to rent from large management companies you may want to look at some rentals that are managed by smaller companies or owners themselves. They would be more likely to listed to an explanation of why his record is what it is and may look past that.
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Sat May 25, 2013
I cannot promise anyone an acceptance for sure. If you would call 0r email me, we could probably find a good solution to this dilemma, Liz, 612-986-4105
Colin Simpson, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Sat May 25, 2013
Hi Donna,
I would stay away from those big companies as sometimes they have guidelines that they are not
allowed to stray from. Look for smaller buildings or Duplexes that are managed by the owner as sometimes they are willing to overlook some past infractions.
Try padmapper.com this site takes from allot of other sites and puts them together.
Colin
Thank you, Colin. I will try padmapper.com. I appreciate your help.

Donna
Flag Sat May 25, 2013