Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Alana, Other/Just Looking in Louisiana

I am trying to find a photo of the apartment house I lived in for years in 1968 to 1970.

Asked by Alana, Louisiana Sun May 29, 2011

When you were in front of the apartment complex looking toward Wilshire could see the building that was directly to the right of the Wilshire Towers looking from that perspective. The complex was only 2 blocks from the Wilshire Towers where I worked for Libbey-Owens-Ford glass company. Their main office was there in the time period I lived there. The building to the left looking directly at the Wilshire Towers was the Ambassador Hotel.
Thank you in advance for any info you could give me. Also, the apartment it had a beautiful open area in the middle which I have learned lately is in the Spanish motif but I've drawn a blank on what type that is.

Again thank you in advance,

Deb C.

Deb C.

Help the community by answering this question:


Dear Deb:

The building in which you lived is likely no longer standing. The Mid-Wilshire corridor underwent a great deal of urban development within the past two decades as the Red Line light rail system was built underneath it. As a result, many buildings were demolished, including the historic Ambassador Hotel which is now a high school complex for the Los Angeles Unified School District. (Even the Los Angeles Conservancy couldn't prevail in saving it in a wild story that involves Donald Trump.) I agree with the first poster that Google Earth could be a source for you, but only if the building is still standing.

You may also want to contact the Windsor Square-Hancock Park Historical Society. While they focus mostly on the Rancho La Brea area just west of where you lived, they are well-connected to neighboring historical societies who may have photos of your building in their archives.

Hope this helps.

Meredith McKenzie
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty
1660 Hillhurst Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027

323-300-1110 - Direct
323-230-9749 - Cell
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 29, 2011
Go to Google and get the street view of the Apartment Building or search the county property records for a picture of the building on the property card
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 29, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer