I am thinking about renting my house in los gatos. About 3800 sq feet .... can I get in the $11K - 12K / month rent?

Asked by lgcraig, Los Gatos, CA Wed Oct 9, 2013

Answers

4
Stephen Guzz…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Oct 10, 2013
It depends on where in LG your home is located. What kind of amenities does it have and how updated are the Kitchen and Bathrooms? How many bedrooms and baths? What schools?
Need some details in order to better estimate the rental value. Thanks, Steve
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Elena beat me to it. Check out rentometer.com for comparable rents. It really will depend on location and condition.

A property manager would also be able to assist you.

Have an amazing day!
On our MLS there are two active for rent homes in Los Gatos with that sq. ft. range, one is on Heinz for $12,500 and another on Lomas for $7,200.
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013
Elena Talis, Broker, Palo Alto, CA
Wed Oct 9, 2013
It depends on the house condition, property grounds, location, market, etc., etc., etc. Check rentometer.com for the average prices in the area.
Web Reference:  http://talisrealestate.com
Mitchell Pea…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Igcraig:

Rentometer.com tops out in the 95030 downtown area at about $9,000 for 6 bedrooms, albeit it assumes an apartment. A house for $1.8Million at 30% down would have payments of about $9,000 for loans at 6% and all taxes and insurance. At $2.5 Million at 30% down, payments would be $12,692/month. At 40% down, of course payments would be lower. In all cases, the after tax payments would be considerably lower due to the mortgage interest deduction.

So even though you might not get the rent, you can see that selling it should be an option. Maybe your home is marketable at >$5,000,000? It all depends on the size, number of bedrooms, presence of a Nanny's quarters or in-laws quarters, amenities, acreage, location, etc. Very important, it depends on the marketing skill and reach of the realtor. In that price range and area, your realtor should be TRC certified, which means he can use the international system through ICREA for exchanging funds with overseas buyers. He should know how to use ICREA international property MLS, and depending on whether your property has any commercial use, such as an orchard, open land, etc. the land and commercial MLS sites as well.

Should you decide you are interested in selling it or renting it, please feel free to give me a call. I would love to be interviewed to be your agent.

Mitchell Pearce
408-639-0211
mitchell@handonsrealtor.com