I am shifting with my family ( wife and a kid) to Greenville in May. Need apartment !!@ Pehlam or woodruff road with good Elementary school near by.

Asked by anjana.mariposa, Greenville, SC Tue Mar 18, 2014

I am shifting with my family ( wife and a kid) to Greenville in May. Need 2 bed 1.5/2 bath apartment !!@ Pehlam or Woodruff road with good Elementary school near by. Plz suggest.

Answers

7
Mchunter11, Renter, Spartanburg, SC
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Huntington Down, convenient to both Pelham and Woodruff Rd, has good priced 2 and 3 bedroom town homes in the Pelham Rd Elem district and also Shannon Forest Christian School just a few miles away.
Isabel Merri…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Fri Apr 4, 2014
Woodruff Rd is has a lot of commercial areas and traffic can be challenging.. Pelham Rd on the other hand is more residential but still close to major shopping and entertainment. I would recommend to you Rosewood Apartments on Orchard Park Dr. That would be Sara Collins elementary and Beck Academy good schools : )
njnoel41, , Greenville, SC
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Tapestry at Hollingsworth is in a GREAT central location. Five minute drive (if even) to Hwys. 385 & 85, a few minutes from Pelham road, three minute walk of a FANTASTIC park/playground and a YMCA, zoned for some of the better public schools (thus my decision to move there), short driving distance of several great private schools. Ten minutes to downtown, 5 minutes to the mall, a few minutes from what will soon be a WONDERFUL pediatrician's office (Parkside Pediatrics will be moving to a location about 1.5 mi from these apartments), and walking distance to some fabulous restaurants. The location is between Woodruff (the non-busy end) and Verdae roads. The apartments themselves are beautiful, but on the expensive side - starting at $1100 for a 2-bedroom and up from there. Many have a garage option. I plan on moving here myself once my house sells.

Another lovely community is The Aventine. The interiors are HUGE and super modern. The CONS of this (at least for me) are its Woodruff Rd location and school zoning.

My suggestion is to focus your search near or around the Haywood Rd area. You can't beat it's central location.

Kgowett, Renter, Tampa, FL
Fri Mar 21, 2014
My family is doing the same. This is what I've found about that area. We were looking into Roper Mountain Woods, but the most recent reviews from this month are pointing us in a different direction:
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sc/greenville/pelham-state/#crime
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/SC-Greenville-Stoneledg…
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/SC-Greenville-Roper-Mou…

I only trust the most recent reviews since apartments can change the way they operate on a monthly basis. Stoneledge and Roper Mountain are on either side of a Section 8 property. The location is fabulous, but I'm not putting my family in this area.

Sorry I don't have a place to go to recommend, but I have what looked nice but was a facade. We visited on an apartment hunting trip in January. Spent 1 week there t narrow it down. We were sold on Roper Mountain until now....
Dad, Home Buyer, Greenville, SC
Tue Mar 18, 2014
the vinings at laurel creek, nice new affordable apartments
lauriekenn, Home Owner, Greenville, SC
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Hi! My advise would be steer clear of Woodruff Road. Traffic is a nightmare!

What is your target budget for monthly rent?
Aaron and Ch…, Agent, Eau Claire, WI
Tue Mar 18, 2014
Have you checked out the "rent" section at the top of Trulia? There may be something in there. Otherwise you could also check Craigslist.com to see what they have for posted for rentals.