I am seeking to relocate to St Louis and would like a safe and affordable neighbor hood with 3br 2 bth. Is there anyone who can help with this?

Asked by Adam Gillam, 63121 Thu Dec 12, 2013

Answers

12
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Adam,
Welcome to St Louis!
As you can see there are lots of people available to help you, but most aren't addressing your actual question about neighborhoods. St Louis ranks as one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US. That said, we still pride ourselves on our "neighborliness". Like all large areas, we have some areas that have a higher crime rate than others and we have homes in all price ranges. We are considered one of the most affordable cities in the US, when they compare the average price of our homes to the average person's income in our area.

To a Realtor, your question is a bit vague though - everyone judges safety, affordability, school district ratings, walkability, etc through the lenses of their own past experience. What one person might consider affordable might still be high for another person, or it might be a drop in the bucket for some of our wealthier homeowners.

A good starting point when you are looking at homes in a new area, is to focus on something you want to be near - for some it's work, others may choose their place of worship, school districts are often looked at, family or friends in the area, whatever is important to you. I had one young man who wanted to be close to the gym he regularly went to.

At the same time that you are considering areas, you should be talking to a mortgage lender to find out what you can qualify for. It is often best to find a local person who can help you, since they will know if there are any special grants or loans available in the area and they will be able to come to closing with you. If you dont know a local lender, any of the agents who have responded here, will be able to refer you to one. You should ask the lender to run the numbers 2 ways for you - what is the price range that they will be willing to give you a loan at, then tell them where you are comfortable with having your payments at and ask them to run the numbers backwards and let you know what that value is.

Next let whichever Realtor you decide to work with put you in a special online search that is tied directly to our MLS, where you can change the search criteria, put notes with houses, check maps, etc, based on what you have decided from doing steps 1 & 2.

Along with that, make sure to sit down with the realtor when you get to St Louis to discuss how our housing market differs from the area you are coming from

If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of the points I've made, please contact me directly through my Trulia profile or at DWeir@CBGundaker.com.
Kelley Mitch…, Agent, St Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi Adam,
My name is Kelley Mitchell with Coldwell Banker Premier Group. My team would be happy to help you with your relocation to St. Louis.
Please call us with questions or to schedule a appointment.

Thanks Adam!

Kelley and Bill Mitchell
Coldwell Banker Premier Group
314-336-1989
Kelley19600@aol.com
Mitchell123stl@aol.com
MitchellTeamStL.com
Tonja Neal, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Mon Dec 16, 2013
Hello Adam. Congratulations on your move. I'm sure you will love it here. If you are not already working with one of the many who have responded, please contact me and let's discuss how we can work together to make your transition as smooth as possible.

Best Wishes
Lucy Feicht, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I can certainly help you with that Adam!

Please contact me at your convenience to get started, we can over neighborhood profiles and any other questions you may have!

314-603-2114
hauser.lucy@gmail.com
Peter Lu, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hello Adam,
Last but not Least! I work with alot of relocation clients and I understand the needs of new home buyers especially coming to a new town where the contracts are different and the negotiation tactics may differ as well. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you and get a better understanding of your work and living situation to assist in finding the best match for you. You may contact me on my cell: 314-662-6578 Talk to you soon.

Peter Lu
Eric Bronner, , Saint Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi Adam, I'll join the chorus of my fellow realtors ... I would love to have the opportunity to earn your business. At your convenience, please give me a call: 314.660.5236.

I relocated to St. Louis about 8 years ago after serving on Active Duty for eight years as a Naval Flight Officer. As such, I have a unique sense of empathy for your situation.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Eric Bronner
Boris Morozo…, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi Adam, I would be happy to help you as I sell homes in St. Louis for over 20 years and work with rentals too. Thank you very much. Boris, 314-941-6827
Penny Davis, Agent, St Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi Adam,

Are you looking to buy? Or to rent? Check out any address you are looking to live at http://www.mylocalcrime.com

If you are looking to buy, give me a call or an email. I will be glad to help you find a home!

Penny Davis
Red Key Realty Leaders
314.495.9089
davis.penny@gmail.com
Sorry, I guess I was a little too vague but there is a limit to the amount of info you can post. I am looking to rent at this point so will need to find someone who works with rentals. Thank you
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
John Hartman, Agent, st. louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Adam - we would be glad to help you as your buyer's agent at not cost to you - The Hartman & Wynn team has been in the real estate business for over 22 years - we have the experience it takes - we sold 58 homes in 2013 - give us a call at 314-374-7653.
Greg Bowen, Agent, Town and Country, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I would love to help Adam. I specialize in relocation and would be happy to assist. Give me a call at your convenience. 314-530-1978

http://www.GregBowenRealtor.com
Angela Kittn…, Agent, St Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
My team would be very excited to assist you in finding the right home and neighborhood. We specialize in relocation! Give me a call today to get your search started....(314) 503-4937 or (314) 775-2754. We look forward to hearing from you!
Pam Schneider, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I would be happy to help you. I can be reached @ 314-267-3787. My name is Pam Schneider and I am with Coldwell Banker Gundaker. You can see my bio @ http://www.WeSellStl.com.. Thank you....