I am relocating from Orlando, Florida to the Rio Rancho area of New Mexico.

Asked by laylamakaylaanthony, Ocoee, FL Fri Feb 1, 2013

Are the schools good and how is the cost of living?

Answers

9
Leigh-Jo Anz…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Hi Layla,

What grades will your children be entering? Let me know and I will send you school information for those specific grades. Cost of living is ideal not only for the area, but overall in the state.

Try visiting http://www.syan.com

Here you can perform a free home search (no signup required) and setup free Rio Rancho listing alerts.

I grew up in Rio Rancho, so I know it very well. Let me know how I can assist you. I've worked with a lot of clients who relocated. I understand what all your needs will be as you make your move.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference:  http://www.Syan.com
Patrick Will…, Agent, Rio Rancho, NM
Fri Feb 1, 2013
I've lived in Rio Rancho for 21 years. My daughter went to school here from kindergarden through high school. The first two or three years Rio Rancho was under the Albuquerque School District and it was terrible. In first grade my daughter would come home and immediately run for the bathroom. We talked to her and learned that she wouldn't go at school because they had problems with their septic and as she said "it smelled so bad she couldn't walk in there". We talked to her teacher and the principal and they said they needed $600,000 to fix and APS wouldn't give it to them. Rio Rancho's schools were last in line for everything. Then we got our own school district and now we have what I think are the best schools. I was amazed how quickly we got new schools built. AMREP (local developer) donated land and Intel gave $25M for our first high school. The school is great, I've actually had relocating home buyers decide on Rio Rancho after seeing it. Now we have a second high school and several new middle and elementry schools.
Cost of living is about average, don't know how it compares to Orlando but I can tell you that housing prices are at about late 1990s levels but interest rates are lower than they were then so affordabilty is probably the best it's ever been.
Welcome to Rio Rancho. Hope you like it, we sure do!
Thank you so much. You helped a great deal
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
Gene Hellums…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for your question. I am on several boards for Rio Rancho schools. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Gene
Martha Green…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Rio Rancho is a great place to live and work. My daughter lives in Florida and I'm so well acquainted with the weather you have there. Our great, relatively humidity free climate will be very enticing to you, I'm sure. Congratulations on your move!

Please take a look a the Rio Rancho Public School website and feel free to contact school administrators with your questions. Our state started a new grading system for schools this past year and so straight number assumptions on qualities of the schools is still working out a few kinks. I've lived in Rio Rancho for 5 years and in the past, the RR schools have been ranked among the state's best. Because of local, state and federal Fair Housing Laws it is illegal for a real estate agent to provide an opinion about qualities of schools or neighborhoods. I can, however, be a resource for you, to direct you to folks who can answer your questions and I would be happy to do so. If you would like me to provide you with website links, phone numbers, etc. - just let me know.

The 2012 Cost of Living index with a US average of 100, shows Rio Rancho to be 94.7 (less than average). Of course, there are so many variables involved, and many of those personally affected.

I am an active agent in the Rio Rancho market and would be more than happy to provide you with any other information you would like about ours or neighboring communities. I would also welcome the opportunity to assist with your relocation and be your local real estate expert. My contact information is: marthagreenleaf1@gmail.com. I am affiliated with Coldwell Banker Legacy and my office is in Rio Rancho. My direct number is 505-301-1191. My office switchboard is: 505-892-1000. Please contact me at any time, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Martha Greenleaf
EJS, Home Seller, Rio Rancho, NM
Wed Mar 6, 2013
by the way I am not an agent trying to sell you a home just giving the best advise i can since I am in the same boat as you.
EJS, Home Seller, Rio Rancho, NM
Wed Mar 6, 2013
I am relocating from RR to Coral Springs and going through some of the same questions in that area. I can only tell you from experience that we have a child in each of the three school levels and all are doing well and the schools have been great with little to no issues at all. Having said that there are a few that could use some work but they are still good schools. Housing is dependent on what you are looking for whether new, slightly used, or older homes in the older parts of the area. Prices ranges from the mid $100's to well above that depending on the amenities, lot size, house size, neighborhoods. There are few areas that I know that have major issues with crime and it is generally a great place to live.
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Rio rancho schools are great! The cost of living is low and there are many amenities! Email me and I will get you all of the information you need on schools and homes in the area! Sales@abqhomehelpteam.com
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Fri Feb 1, 2013
School info link:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Rio_Rancho-New_Mexico/schools/

Ranking of the 100 places to live:
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2010/snapshot…

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor
Metro First Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
Arthur Miller, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Good afternoon Layla,

The schools are some of the best in the state and cost of living is relatively cheap. Are you looking to buy in the next 6 months?

Warm regards,
Arthur