I am on Social Security Disability, with a small dog and would like a home with the rent to buy option in Berea, close to the center of town.

Asked by Zoelucybrutus, Medina, OH Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

1
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Are you sure you want a lease option property? Are you listening to the current hype? The normal amont to put in an option contract is 5% of the purchase price in my area in SW Ohio.Are you willing to lose that money if for some reason you can not exercise the option and purchase the property at the end of the option?
Most people are better off renting and then looking at homes for sale when they qualify for a loan. There is a person in my area that has made a very good income offering homes on a short term lease option and then when the tenant can not exercise the option the option fee by contract is his. Some people call him a scammer but he is living by the contract that all parties agreed to up front.