Rentals in Western Springs>Question Details

Chris Leff,  in Chicago, IL

I am looking for a short-term rental (2-3 months) in the near-western suburbs (Riverside to Downers). Any suggestions?

Asked by Chris Leff, Chicago, IL Sun Aug 1, 2010

Am open to either a small house, townhouse or apartment. Would prefer 2 BR, but could live with 1. We have a small dog (30 lb wheaten terrier). Just looking for something that's livable with 9-month old twins while we renovate a home we are buying. If you have something that's currently vacant that you're looking to rent out to good tenants, please let me know.

Answers

3
Most professional landlords and property management companies will require a 12 month lease. It is not cost effective to turn over (clean, paint, etc) a rental property more than once a year. If you do find someone willing to do a short-term rental I would anticipate paying higher than market value for the property.
we have one in western springs, you can e mail us @ jzy6@aol.com
It is a single family home, and will be available in 1 week.
They are hard to find but begin by having a realtor set you up on the MLS. The rentals on the MLS will detail whether they take short term leases. The realtor can go beyond that and make some calls, etc. I will do that.