I am looking for a rental home in Knoxville but am finding it hard to do. Are there agents who specialize in finding rental homes?

Asked by Aaron Ruben, 34236 Wed Dec 21, 2011

I am looking for a single family home not an apartment.

Answers

9
James Anders…, , Knoxville, TN
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Hello Aaron,

I do not know of any Real Estate Agents in Knoxville that specialize in finding rental homes except for dedicated Property Managers (Property Managers in Tennessee must be licensed real estate agents.). You can ask any rental agent to do a search of the MLS for rental properties, but very few properties in Knoxville are listed in this manner. The majority of rental homes (this excludes rental apartments) in Knoxville are handled by one of three dedicated property management companies Gables & Gates Property Management, LLC, Wallace & Wallace Property Management and Realty Management or through owners directly. I know there are few more small property management companies in Knoxville, but I do not know there names, or have websites. Additionally, you can use Knownews.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com and Craigslist.org I can only speak for my company, but we will assist you in finding a rental even if we don't manage it. Please call the office at (865) 777-9191 and ask to speak with Caroline.

James Anderson
Gables & Gates Property Management, LLC
11800 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37934
(865) 777-9191
Caroline Holt, Agent, Knoxville, TN
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Hi Aaron,

Looking for a rental home on your own can be frustrating, and I'm sorry to hear you've run into some dead ends.

Hopefully the answers on this message board will have provided some helpful advice with regard to property management companies in the area. I would be happy to discuss with you what Wallace & Wallace Property Management could do for you. They are the premier PM company in the area, and have a terrific database of affordable, well-kept homes available for rent. Please feel free to give me a call or text at (865) 323-1836 or an email to Caroline.holt@cbww.com. I'll need just a little bit of information from you in order to pass along to the rental experts at Wallace & Wallace Property Management.

Warmly,

Caroline Holt, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
(865) 323-1836
Caroline.holt@cbww.com
Web Reference:  http://Www.cholt.cbww.com
Anthony Bowen, Home Buyer, Knoxville, TN
Thu Feb 21, 2013
I learned the hard way to avoid any ad placed by RHOA or Rental Homes of America.
Sharon, , Knoxville, TN
Sat Dec 15, 2012
I have a 3 br 2 bath home that is newly renovated and updated. 3736 Frostwood rd Knoxville, tn pics are on this site and I have more contact me. sharonrn94_99@yahoo.com or 865-300-6933
Norma Jean B…, Home Buyer, Knoxville, TN
Wed Nov 28, 2012
I do not handle rentals at all especially since its less expensive to own and I am a great believer in home ownership...I do own my home and inspite of the down economy, the interest rate is the lowest i have ever seen...u can buy with no money down at only 3.25% which is much less than renting anything here in E Tenn....so pls call me as there are lenders more than willing to assist u...and i look forward to hearing from u....Best Regards, Norma Jean from Lands End Real Estate Co....
Michael Allen, Agent, KNOXVILLE, TN
Thu Jun 7, 2012
WE HAVE THREE AVAILABLE GO TO http://WWW.KNOXERA.COM OR http://WWW.BUYKNOXHOMES.COM
J Joseph Fer…, , Knoxville, TN
Fri Dec 23, 2011
I have a client that is buying a house and will be renting here house. It is in the Halls area off of Clinton Highway and Emory Road. It has 1050 sf, 3 br, 1.5 baths, one car garage.
You can contact me at 865-805-6586.
Alice Adams, Agent, Knoxville, TN
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Barbie Nease is a licensed agent who specializes in rentals. Call her office, Dwight Price and Associates and ask to speak w her 977-0770.
Terry Farnsw…, Agent, Lisle, IL
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Hi -

Any agent should be able to help you find a rental. However, keep in mind they will probably only show you a "portion" of what is really available. Most agents will exclusively send you properties listed on the MLS, which offer a co-op commission. Depending on the area, generally the rental market is doing fairly well, and owners today are opting to advertise for free on websites like Craigslist, etc, instead of paying out a half month's rent to an agent. Since many won't pay a commission to agents, agents simply won't send/show you those since they know they wouldn't be paid.

I'd contact a real estate agent and ask them to send you everything they can find on the MLS in the price range/style of property you are looking for. Also, check various websites on your own and pick whichever property you end up liking the best.