Rentals in Brooklyn Heights>Question Details

Carrie Macdo…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I am looking for a one bed/2 bed in Brooklyn Heights. I will be living alone so saftely is my no one priority. washer/dryer is ideal and close

Asked by Carrie Macdougall, Brooklyn, NY Wed Nov 16, 2011

to subway/grocery is desirable.

I like exposed brick but do not like studios.

Looking today/tomorrow only.
Budget 1,6.00 - 2,200 MAX

Answers

8
I have a 1 bedroom listing in Cobble Hill, one block away from Atlantic Ave/Brooklyn Heights - http://thewerdeettelsonteam.elliman.com/new-york-city/107-bo… $2350 Please call me if you would like to see the apartment 718.780.8129
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
my company has the following available. NO BROKER FEE, only a $100 application fee.
feel free to contact me at 212-217-6674 or email ccapitummino@mpi-re.com

Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn:

52 Clark Street
4O Studio $1,950
3R 1 BR/1 BA $2,700
5M 1 BR/1 BA $2,650

68 Montague Street
1F 1 BR/1 BA $3,200
3E STUDIO $2,200
I am most definitely able to help you in your search. Please check out my website http://www.rapidnyc.com/merobinson and we can move forward in the process to finding you a new place to call home! You may contact me at any time via text/calling/email. merobinson@rapidnyc.com

Mercuree
Hi Carrie,

Have you seen any choice of apartment in NY yet? If no, then check on us on http://www.rayrentals.webs.com so as to help in looking for your choice of apartment.

Cheers.

Rayner.
Hi Carrie,

I would be glad to show you a few things, however you would probably have to spend a little bit more for a one bedroom in Brooklyn Heights. Have you considered any other neighborhoods? You can call me anytime to discuss. Cell: 860-304-4652.

David Bookman
Hello:
I would have to be brutally honest with you. There are no apts in your price range in that neighborhood. Would you be open to looking in other neighborhoods in the surrounding areas? Such as Prospect Heights, or Clinton Hills. I would be able to keep you in budget and get you all or most of the amenities you are asking for. Please call me at 718 715 2917 To start your home search!

Jacqueline Garrett
Rapid Realty
Lic Real estate person
Contact local realty offices for available rentals, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.