I am looking for a home with 2 or more rooms and at least 1.5 bathrooms.

Asked by Snellgrovia, Wed Oct 3, 2012

The main problem is that I have 2 small dogs, 1 medium dog and 2 outside (fixed) cats. No one will rent to me. I am moving here to Pittsburgh from Tampa, FL for business and will be living here for years on business, but I need something soon to get the ball rolling on deposits, cable, elec, gas, etc....HELP!!!

Answers

5
Jessica Koch, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Welcome to Pittsburgh! I can imagine how difficult it is to find a place to rent with a dog as I have experience trying in the past as well! In many cases it may be better to purchase than to buy. I am very familiar with the city and would love to speak with you and try to help you through this challenge. Feel free to call with questions 412-805-0853 or email me at jessicakoch@howardhanna.com
Allison Poch…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Renting may be a challenge with pets but certainly a good way to learn the city and which areas you prefer before buying. Either way, we have agents in our office who can help you with both. We also manage rental properties and can look into corporate rentals. Feel free to contact me and we can talk further. allison@aarehomes.com.
x, , Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Your best bet might be through pittsburgh.craigslist.org to look for pet friendly rentals.

Corporate rentals are also possible but are expensive.
Nancy Theys, Agent, Wexford, PA
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Probably the best option for you would be to buy. Now is the best time in history to buy a home, if you have decent credit. The interest rates are phenomenal! In what area of Pittsburgh are you thinking of relocating? Give me a call, and I'll see if I will be able to help you out.
412-367-3200 X 5083/
My credit is horrible and I don't have any money for a down payment at the moment. I am looking to rent for 12-18 months while rebuilding and saving up for a down payment.
Flag Wed Oct 3, 2012
Molly Finley, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Oct 3, 2012
Since you will be here for years would you consider buying? I agree, very hard to find a rental that allows any pets. In Pittsburgh you could buy a home for possibly less/month then rent/month. Call or email me for discuss further options! Mollyfinley@howardhanna.com 412-427-9668
I have nothing at this time for down payment or anything for buying. I'm am looking for 12-18 months at renting, then will buy. I would love to buy, but I just got a huge raise and until then, I couldn't begin to afford any of that.
Flag Wed Oct 3, 2012