I am looking for a 3bedroom in a nice area, I'm not moving until June 2013. Am setting myself up by looking tooo early?

Asked by Rolanda Fernandez, Arlington, TX Wed Nov 7, 2012

Answers

6
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Getting familiar is never a mistake, but don't expect to do more than visit neighborhoods, research what is nearby and how traffic is between home and work and home and shopping and so on.

You should start soon to check out your credit score and repair those problems, if any, now. Some things might take months to resolve, and the final 12 months of your credit picture must be free of any late payments (or collections).

In February or March, you should begin looking because the closing process will take about 5 or 6 weeks. The market usually heats up significantly in April. If you don't mind competing with others, you can hold off until 2 months before you want to move.

On the other hand, if you thinking of building from the ground up, December is when you need to get started.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Nov 8, 2012
If you want to buy....get prequalified now with a lender. That's the first step. It's free. This will allow you to improve your credit score if needed for a better interest rate, and allow you to save for down payment or closing costs if you need to save more to get a better interest rate.....then you want to start looking at homes about 90 days before you want to move.

If you are renting you are way too early. You want to look about 30 days before you want to move.
Anne Bokalo, Agent, CANTON, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Yes it's too early, I'd say look about 2 months ahead and keep in mind the notice you have to give per your lease, or you'll pay a hefty release fee.
Lee Dirickson, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
You are only seeing what is available now and if it is a nice home that is priced right most likley will not be available in June. Owners are not willing to hold a property for more than 30 days and in most cases not that long. It would probably be in your best interest to start looking in the later part of April.
Brent Rice, Agent, Plano, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Rolanda, In one respect you are looking too early because the rental homes don't last very long. On Ty other hand, it's good to get an early start because you get to know the prices for particular areas and can see what you can get for the money. Also, it would be smart to discuss your ability to qualify for a lease so you can be in the best position to get approved for what you need when the time comes.

Give me a call or text to get started. My service to you is FREE. And you have no obligation. But I am experienced in Garland and understand the process very well to get you approved, even if your circumstances are challenging.

I look forward to hearing from you Rolanda,

Brent Rice, Top Recommended Broker
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
214-808-3100
Brent@RiceGroupInc.com
Ron Combest, , Garland, TX
Wed Nov 7, 2012
Yes, I'm afraid so. Our market is rapidly becoming more aggressive and eventhough the 3 bedroom, 2 bath is still the mainstay of the market, when they are in nice areas and in better than average condition, they will be purchased within weeks. Good luck.