I am in the Los Angeles area (living in Highland Park/Monterey Hills) and want to move within the next few months...help!

Asked by Usc Newbie, Monterey Hills, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jan 17, 2012

I'm not originally from this area and will have a difficult time looking for a rental. Are there any reputable/affordable realtors out there who can assist me with my rental search? Is this something a realtor can help me with? Or does anyone know of any company who can assists with finding a good rental (besides Westside rentals)? I've heard nightmares about Westside Rentals, and I don't want to be ripped off. I want to move by May/June and need help looking or need someone more knowledgeable than myself. Thank you!

Answers

4
John Arendsen’s answer
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Jan 17, 2012
I've found Craigslist to be very helpful and it's absolutely free. Just be wary of rental scams and never, never, never put any money up front until you've confirmed title through the building department.
BEWARE OF SALVADOR ESCALANTE JR DBA INNOVATE REALTY AND PRIMO CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, HE HAS 3 BRE ACCUSSATIONS FOR FRAUD DISHONEST DEALING AND MONEY LAUNDERING. SEE CASES H40211-LA, H-39066 LA AND H40381 LA. HE IS IN COHOOTS WITH A ROGUE BUILDING INSPECTOR BY THE NAME OF ALFONSO AVILA WHO IS JUST AS CROOKED. THEY PREY ON FINACIALLY STRAPPED PROPERTY OWNERS IN THE 90042 AREA CODE
Flag Thu Jan 26, 2017
Jenifersoflo…, Home Buyer, Boston, MA
Fri Jan 27, 2017
Definitely you need a rental realtor to find a residential building for your stay.
Vipula M Modha 562-451-5834 Rental Agent
Sudha Agarwal 818-900-0856
Archana Darekar Realtor 949-860-7304

and more rental agents are there to help you.
Sue Wylie, Agent, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Where do you want to live? Let me know. We specialize in helping people find rentals. No charge to you! 310-487-5758
Jenny Durling…, Agent, Los Feliz, CA
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Hi Newbie, feel free to give me a call and I will do what I can to help you find another rental.
Flag Thu Jan 26, 2017