I am having trouble with my leasing agent,pls advise.

Asked by toplenfashions, Dallas, TX Thu Jun 27, 2013

It is a headache to contact this leasing agent via phone or text, paying my rent i have to run around looking for him, if things need to be done like bugs infesting the house no response, when he promises that things would be done,its never done and i already signed a 2 year rent lease, is it possible to break the lease or is their a organization body that one can report to

Answers

4
Dev Horn, Other Pro, Bedford, TX
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Others here have more experience on this topic, but I will echo the comment from Jeff that you should document EVERYTHING - incident, how you contacted them, what their response was, attempts to recontact, etc.

Most leases have some recourse for when proper maintenance & repairs are not provided, which is a reasonable expectation on your part.
Jeff & Karina…, Agent, Arlington, TX
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Your can break a lease but it totally depends on what kind of lease that you signed. Does it have provisions in it for cancelation? Are you an active military personnel? I would document every call and the person that I contact along with times/dates of the calls or letters or emails. If they go to court to enforce any issue, your prepared.
Lady Theresa…, Agent, Southlake, TX
Thu Jun 27, 2013
TREC is the governing body for real estate agents ethics. City Code Enforcement handles issues with the propert.
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Thu Jun 27, 2013
When you say leasing agent are you referring to the property manager of the property or the agent that helped you lease the home? Read your lease carefully. You should be able to find the answers you are looking for.