I am having trouble finding a pet-friendly place to rent near Augusta, Maine. Any suggestions? I would prefer a house to rent, and nothing comes up

Asked by Michelle, Alabama Wed Jun 16, 2010

on the Trulia site for some reason. Also, it doesn't give me the option on this site to check both dogs and cats, so I just checked "small dog," since I figured that was the hardest one to find.

Craigslist lists some rentals that are pet friendly in their description, but not many people respond back after an initial email. My small adult toy breed dog and cat are quiet, well behaved, clean, indoors and spayed. Thanks!

Answers

5
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Hi Chelle,

There are two homes for rent in Augusta on the Trulia rentals page.

http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/Augusta,ME/SINGLE-FAMILY_HOME_type/

There are many listed on craigslist

http://maine.craigslist.org/search/apa?query=augusta&bed…

I suggest that you send an email that is short and sweet saying something like "I am interested in learning more about your rental" and then once they get back to you ask about the details.
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Sun Jun 27, 2010
Hello Chelle- I own a couple of buildings that may be of use to you. Don't know if you'd be interested in the towns I own in. Let me know. You can PM me directly if you'd like. I have a couple house apartments and houses for rent, and 1 dog would generally be ok, and 1 cat may be OK as well.
Thanks, and good luck,
Ken L.
The Diamond…, , Auburn, ME
Wed Jun 23, 2010
I would inquire and not mention the pets. Then you'll see if the reason they're not getting back to you is because you have pets or because of another reason.
Maybe check the Kennebec Journal online for rental listings.
Maybe offer a pet deposit of a couple hundred dollars to show you have confidence in the tidiness of your pets.
elariviere11, Home Buyer, Augusta, ME
Thu May 30, 2013
looking for a two bedroom apt or house that accepts adorable and well behaved dogs in Augusta maine or the surrounding area. For a reasonable rent. i have founds some on craigslist but no one returns my calls
Dmj, Home Seller, Augusta, ME
Wed Jun 30, 2010

I have a house to rent, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, double lot, about a mile from the State House. Pet friendly, even with a walk-out basement to a fenced-in area perfect for a toy adult dog (I lived there with a rat terrier). Are you still looking?

Dianna
sTILL AVAILABLE?
Flag Wed Sep 14, 2016