I am currently looking for an apartment in Manhattan for a single female. I can afford to pay between 600 and 950.00 for rent?

Asked by ms_cnunn, New York, NY Wed Feb 12, 2014

I am single. Work many years for the Dept of Ed.

Answers

12
Miss.kattie, Home Buyer, Tacoma, WA
Thu Aug 25, 2016
I sure your can find an apt with that budget. For example, if apply for property via Rentbery, you can submit your price for it.
Web Reference:  https://rentberry.com
Nicholas Haze, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Dec 4, 2014
Hello ms_cnunn,

With your current budget you will not find any place within New York.
SRO (Single Room Occupancy) in NY range from $800-$1,300 I myself pay $1,000 a month for my apartment & its a basement.

I would find a roommate & split the rent, there are many sites online you can look to find someone who is looking for a roommate.
Julia E.motta…, , 06106
Sun Feb 16, 2014
I did.look craglist but apt rent high price no have low price well lol but i am cool only area hartford that hard find apt and not easy ok
Ray Ng, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Feb 16, 2014
Hi there - I have nice sublet in West New York in 3BR apartment which fits your price range and is a short commute into the city. Please feel free to contact me. Thank You !
Rony Sheen, , New York, NY
Thu Feb 13, 2014

I can offer you a sublet for a Large room in a 4 bedrooms apartment, with 3 other roomates. at 136 street and 7th ave. Please call me at 9175765549 if you are interested
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Feb 13, 2014
when you're checking out Roommates.com, you might want to expand your search across the River to include NJ - Hudson County (Jersey City, Weehawkin, Hoboken)........good luck
Julia E.motta…, , 06106
Thu Feb 13, 2014
Area to hartford look apt. Rent 2 bedroom ok low price $600.00
Julia E.motta…, , 06106
Thu Feb 13, 2014
I want to need look for apt and i need to 2 bedroom and i want low price $600.00 ok
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Thu Feb 13, 2014
You won't find anything in Manhattan at that price, check the Bronx. Also try Craigslist as there are many for rent by owner and apt shares.

Chris
Evette Stark, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Feb 13, 2014
roommates.com sweetie....no way no how these numbers will work for you alone and you may need to get out of NYC over to the bronx, queens or bklyn or staten island, depending on where you work. Most rooms rent out of people's apartments for $1,000 per month and if there is a two bedroom with your own bathroom, for $1,500 per month. Best of luck.
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Wed Feb 12, 2014
Hello Ms. Cnunn. Unfortunately, your price range will yield nothing in Manhattan. Even an SRO (single room occupancy) would outprice your budget. A best option might be a share situation but you woud need to use a broker in helping you find that and there would likely be a brokers fee at minimal, equal to a months rent or a percentage of the yearly rental. In short, your situation is dire with almost no options. I do wish I was able to refer you to something. I hesitate to refer Craigs list as there are many scams out there but it may be worth the time to look. Keep your options open for specific neighborhoods and be prepared to leap on anything that might be workable. I certainly wish you the best of luck.
Athena Pettw…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Wed Feb 12, 2014
Hello Ms_cnunn, unfortunately there are possibly no apartments in manhattan that are in your price range that you can just go fill out an application and rent that is not public housing. Are you willing to move to the bronx? Possibly near the Bronx zoo? $950-$1200 is the price range you MAY find. There are some companies that have low rents but they are in the Bronx and your credit has to be 650 and up with no recent issues (1 year or more) and you may possibly need to be employed at your current position for over a year. You can also try http://www.nyc.gov and apply for new development apartments that have open lotteries that you may qualify for based on your income. Keep in mind that credit is always a factor. If you need help with your credit, there are plenty of reputable companies that can assist you. http://Www.nyc.gov has a wealth of information please check them out. Apettway@exitrealtylandmark.com