I am currently in the process of getting a divorce & need to rent an apartment My credit however is terrible. What are my options realistically?

Asked by jaimesurrency, Brooklyn, NY Mon Oct 28, 2013

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Depends on just how poor the credit is; also much will depend on the landlord/building, each is different; however you can consider being upfront regarding your credit; be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly pre-pay some of the rent; possibly offer extra security; have some reference letters handy; consider a guarantor, etc.
Luis Estrella, Agent, New York ny 10018, NY
Mon Oct 28, 2013
It's tough. Most owners and land lords are looking for good credit in order to qualify you. However send an application to everywhere you want. The very worst that could happen is they say no. Other place will ask you for a garantor to co-sign on your behalf.

I hope this advice cheers you up. Feel free to give a call when you have some free time or shoot me an email and I could help you with the next phase of your apartment search. I specialize in Brooklyn so just let me know what general area your looking for, amenities wanted and your budge? I'll have a list for you in the morning. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmly,
Luis

Realtor for Highline Residential
917-602-0293
L.Paulino@Hlresidential.com
Milton Monse…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Give me a call and I will do my best to educate you.718-877-9350
Michael Sadio, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Call me @ 718-758-0600. Ask to speak to mike Sadio