I am being charged extra for a short term rental. After moving in they started construction on my building, ripping off the siding, stonework.help!

Asked by Daisy5, 20121 Tue Aug 7, 2012

I think they should be paying me to live in these conditions.
Constant hammering, no privacy,sitting in dark with blinds closed because construction workers on ladders.
Can we demand a rebate?

Answers

2
BL, , Milton, FL
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Take pictures from inside to show proof and outside as well. Record the noise!
Robin Short, Agent, Leesburg, VA
Tue Aug 7, 2012
I'm sure your lease language spells out all the rights you have. If you find no help in the lease, look to the management company for sympathy. Be prepared to prove actual issues you have, like children, safety, loss of elec. or other issues. I think some management companies will help with some issues, but actually reducing your fees, probably not.
This is the Broadlands apartments. We were not warned about it.
It is horrible do not send our clients here. They are doing the entire complex.The office says they are updating because they are 10 years old. The tenants say they leak. They are installing Tyvex and replacing the same siding and the same stone.Makes you wonder of there are problems with the single family homes Van Metre built. It is awful being here while they are doing this.
Flag Tue Aug 7, 2012