I am attempting to work w/my bank re: deed in leau of foreclosure. Can your website help me find a rent to own home?

Asked by Marypatdenton, Rocklin, CA Wed Dec 7, 2011

rent to own home?

Answers

4
Lisa Welsh, Agent, Rocklin, CA
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Did the Lender take your home back? This is still considered a Foreclosure on your credit! May I ask why you chose the deed-in-lieu route?
Ken Patterson, Agent, Rocklin, CA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi Mary,

I know it has been some time since your question was posted. But, I was wondering if you could share how your deed in lieu experience went with your lender? We complete many short sales and lots of our clients do ask about the deed in lieu. Most lenders will not allow it without first having tried to short sale.

Anyway, we would love to hear about your experience. Thanks! Ken
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find rent-to-own homes: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption

Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Dec 7, 2011
When searching for rent to own properties, it's always a good idea to work with an agent of your own; not all properties may be listed as such; do keep in mind that rent to own situations, do carry some risks, therefore inform yoursell well before entering into such an agreement, so not to lose money. In the meantime, you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, check to see if a short sale is a better option for your situation.