I am a young professional moving to the Los Angeles area in January with my company's new branch office. The office location is not 100%

Asked by Goirish, Los Angeles, CA Fri Oct 30, 2009

determined, but it is going to be somewhere in Torrance or in between Torrance and Long Beach.
I was looking at Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach areas since they are close enough to work, downtown and the airport. But these assumptions are based on a map, and as a person who commuted by train in Chicago for a long time, I may be underestimating the driving time for commuting.
What other areas should I check out? I am hoping that $2000 a month will get me a decent 2 bedroom or 1bedroom 1den .

Answers

3
Karen Miller, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sat Oct 31, 2009
Hi Goirish,

You may want to check out Long Beach. It has a variety of neighborhoods from the beach (Belmont Shore) to urban downtown. It is more affordable than the other beach cities mentioned.

Let me know how I can help.

Karen MIller
(562)756-4144
Robert Colem…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Oct 30, 2009
I'm originally from Chicago and I totally understand the commute by train. Of course in Los Angeles commuting is mostly done by Car. The Areas I would recommend would be Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Harbor Gateway, Harbor City, Palos Verdes and of course Torrance. $2000 get you a decent place in these areas. If you would like for me to email you some rental listings in these areas send me an email by clicking on my profile. Warmest Regards, Robert (Exit Real Estate Group)
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Fri Oct 30, 2009
All good areas, also Manhattan Beach, El Segundo is a little farther, San Pedro you''ll find a lot more rentals in the $2000 and under range. It depends on what you want around you...if you like to go out and be social and want to walk to things, I'd suggest Hermosa. Torrance is pretty spread out, so depends on where in Torrance...but all towns listed are fairly close.