Rentals in 32082>Question Details

Sakita143@co…, Renter in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I am a tenant who was recently served forclosure notice. What do I do?

Asked by Sakita143@comcast, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL Thu Jul 29, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 32082

Help the community by answering this question:


Don't ignore it! Contact your landlord whether it be a private owner or property manager. I am a property manager and have owners who have required their tenants to continue to pay rent and some who have felt bad about the situation and allowed them to live in the home without paying rent allowing them to save up some money - and returned their security deposit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 6, 2010
You may want to send a "response" to the lawsuit so it's on record that you are leasing. That way you should be able to stay until your lease expires--that is as long as your are paying a fair market rental price. An attorney can file a response for you. Some people also file their own response.. I'm not an attorney and have to tell you to seek legal advice.

Also don't think you can stop paying your rent because the landlord's foreclosure has nothing to do with your rental agreement. The landlord can file an eviction against you and it could injure your chances of getting your next rental or better yet your first home!

Hope this helps.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 30, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer