Rentals in Canarsie>Question Details

Samantha Dou…, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I NEED HELP FINDING A 1 BEDROOM ASAP- FIRST TIME RENTER

Asked by Samantha Douse, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jan 30, 2013

2 votes Share Flag Rentals in Canarsie

Answers

9
GOOD AFTERNOON SAMANTHA,

WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET FOR A 1BR, AND WHAT AREAS ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?

TATIANA DAVIS
DAVIS & ASSOCIATES REALTY
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hi Ms. Douse,

In what area are you seeking an apartment? At Fillmore Real Estate we have a number of listings that would possibly match your needs. What is your price range?
I do have properties available in that price range.

Midwood 1br - $1200
Bensonhurst 1 br - $1200
Washington Heights 1br - $1325
Many more listings in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens.

Give me a call or text 347 612 2890 so we can I can arrange to show you some locations. I am to waiting to assist you.

You may contact me at

Jacqueline Alexander
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Fillmore Real Estate HQ
Fax: 718-732-1165
GOOD MORNING SAMANTHA,

WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET AND HOW IS YOUR CREDIT?

TATIANA DAVIS
DAVIS & ASSOCIATES REALTY
Hi Samantha,

Please call me to discuss further on whareas you are looking to rent and how much you can afford?

Maria
Keller Williams Realty Empire
(646)937-0979
Hi Samantha,

We will need a bit more info (where do you want to live?, how much are you willing to pay?), but you can start browsing the listing available on Trulia to get a sense of what the market trends look like:

http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/Brooklyn,NY/#for_rent/Brooklyn…

Ali, Community Manager
Where would you like to be located Samantha?

Ramona Johnson, Licensed Realtor
Coldwell Banker Mid Plaza real Estate Office
(347)488-2606
Good morning Samantha
Let me help you find your new place. I hava access to over 4 thousand apartments. In every borough, neighborhood and price range. Give me a call and let me see what I can do for you.
Rapid Realty
958 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11221
Mmonserrate@rapidnyc.com
718-877-9350
Good morning Samantha,

I have a variety of places you can see, but since you area first time renter, there are a few things you need to know:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/luke_constantino/2012/07/how_to_r…

There are also real estate fees. It could be one month's rent, or 12 - 15% of the annual rent depending on the Realtor you deal with.

Give me a call... The advice is free!

Cell#: 212.300.3919

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215