How to get apartment with no job but great credit.?

Asked by yeglrs, Valley Village, CA Mon May 20, 2013

My son a new college Grad is planning to move to LA to pursue his acting career. Unable to get apt due to no job, unable to get job without relocating. Was told he could have a cosigner if they could show income of 3x rent. (can each person on lease get own cosigner or would one be required to cover all the rent?) Also are there apt hunters there that could assist in the search and if so approx what do they charge. It is hard to search cross country. Thanx

Answers

2
Timea Garcia, Agent, Valley Village, CA
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Lisa,
We spoke a couple of weeks ago, please contact me at 818 763-5940.
I am a property manager in Valley Village, CA and will be happy to assist you.
Thank you
Timea
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon May 20, 2013
You need to write a good cover letter, include photos or video (tech age we're in), you & your son could be on the lease, how much security deposit & rent paid up front will vary from owner to owner. You just need to make the owner feel comfortable enough to lease their unit to you/your son. It would be nice if you can show the owner that you have income or assets/savings that are 3x the rent, but that's not necessarily a rule, varies.

I am not a property manager, I don't really work with renters, but I do like to show them how NOT to get scammed by "owners" trying to steal your money. Please see my profile for my 2 blog postings or Google this phrase "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE".

When your son is rich & famous, hang onto my info, I'll get him a nice home in Beverly Hills or Malibu! :)

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group