How soon prior to moving should I begin looking for a rental? I am putting a 60 day notice in next month, but cant be out until after February first.

Asked by Susan Lee, San Antonio, TX Thu Nov 21, 2013

Answers

6
Chris Simpson, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Susan,

Any agent can help you look for rental property throughout San Antonio. I recommend you start looking 4 - 6 weeks prior to your move out date. This will give you an idea of whats out on the market.

Typically, once you submit an application for a rental property, and are approved, you have two weeks in which to occupy the rental.

If you have any questions regarding properties in your desired area and/or want to know more about criteria required for renting, please feel free to give me a call. I'd be glad to help.

Chris
Susan Lee, , San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Guess I should have said, I'm looking for a house. I am currently in a townhome community, and have just had enough of the neighbor problem. I want a yard, a garage like I have now...have a list of things I want. I think January/February sounds right, but want to make sure I will be able to make the cut. I dont have fantastic credit due to divorce and relocation, but have made the rent faithfully for two years this February. I have thought about the location, and it sort of important I am closer to work...Should I find an agent close to the place I want to be or would just anyone be able to help me?
Priscilla Al…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Good rentals lease almost immediatly. If you are looking intio apartments, you can go look now and they will let you know what will be available in February. Most will even hold one for you with a small holding deposit.

If you are looking for single family homes, I would wait until January, as many leases cannot post a "for lease "and show until 30 days prior to the end of the orgiinal lease. Also, this far out, if you find a vacant one or soon to be vacant, most likely they do not want to wait until February to lease it.

If you need help in finding a lease, contact me, I will be happy to help.

Priscilla
Regency House…, , San Antonio, TX
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Start looking now. Majority of the apartments require 60day notices so there will be availability for your time frame. Good luck to you!
Brian Kurtz, Agent, Dearborn, MI
Thu Nov 21, 2013
How much cash do you have available?

In theory, you could start looking right now. There is nothing that says that you can't rent two places at the same time.

If you moved sooner, you could take your time cleaning out the previous place.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Thu Nov 21, 2013
The 2nd week in December.