How much does it usually cost to hire a real estate agent to find a rental property? We are looking in Oklahoma City.

Asked by Kdyj8n, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Apr 6, 2010

Answers

6
Jennifer Bla…, Agent, Owasso, OK
Tue Apr 27, 2010
There is no usual cost. It can range from under $100 up to a couple thousand, or it could be a percentage of the monthly rent. If you tell me what you are looking for, I can help to find it for you. I will not charge you a fee, however I would accept a comssion from the leassor. You can reach me at Jenn@JenniferSellsOklahoma.com or 405.625.1576.

Whatever you decide, Good Luck!

Happy House Hunting!
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Hi Kdy, depending on the agreement with the broker, the landlord may pay the fee or it may fall upon the renter. However, the fee is fairly reasonable. Usually it amounts to either 10% of the annual rent or one month's rental fee.

For reasons why it makes sense to hire a realtor, you can read my blog, Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Agent. Link below!

If you are still looking for an agent, contact me (click on my name) and leave me your full name and phone number and what you are looking for. I will connect you will an excellent colleague of mine who services Oklahoma City.

Warm regards...
Joanne Davis, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Oct 12, 2010
There should be no charge
Gail Smith,…, , Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Apr 6, 2010
Some REALTORS work as a Single Party Broker -- they advocate for YOUR best interest. Other REALTORS work as Transaction Brokers. All REALTORS work under a cooperative agreement thru the listings held by the Listing REALTOR. The service is "free" to Buyers. Please feel free to email me if you would like more information. gail@latitudeteam.com
Web Reference:  http://www.latitudeteam.com
Brian Becker, Agent, Edmond, OK
Tue Apr 6, 2010
The Buyer Broker fee is typically 3% of the sales price and is normally paid from the sellers proceeds. I'd be happy to assist you in your home search.
Russell Bens…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Tue Apr 6, 2010
There are companies that will find you rentals for a fee, however I would suggest calling some of the bigger real estate companies because you will find agents that own their own rental properties and then you have some real estate companies that might have a property management company inside their office and they may not charge a fee to help you with their own inventory but there might be an application fee if they have one you like. Again, there are plenty of ways to find a rent home without having to pay someone a fee to find it. Also drive around in areas you like and look for "For Rent" signs.

Russell Benson, Realtor®
Prudential Alliance Realty
http://www.RealEstateOKC.com