Rentals in Germantown>Question Details

Graci, Both Buyer and Seller in Germantown, MD

How is the rental property market in Germantown MD. Is it better to invest in Gatithersburg or Germantown?

Asked by Graci, Germantown, MD Fri Jan 6, 2012

Graci View instant access to statistical data about the market in Germantown vs Gaithersburg.…
let me know what you think
instant access to
Gaithersburg and Germantown are both great areas for investors to purchase rental properties. Both are close to shopping, transportation and offer great schools. There are a number of opportunities available in both areas and another city to consider are parts of Silver Spring.

I will be happy to provide an ROI report on the available properties in these areas based on your investment criteria.

Please feel free to contact me for addittional information. Just a note, rental property inventory is currently low, making renting these homes fairly easy

Joe Shaver
RE/MAX Realty Centre
2 of my Investors bought investment properties in Germantown & Gaithersbrug.
This is a great area for the rental marker. Your agent should be able to guide you.Make sure your agent knows about the neighborhood and know the rental market in the areas that you are looking to buy.
In addition to the other answer provided, I suggest that before you target properties for purchase you identify a market segment of potential tenants. Determine what your target tenants will find desirable, and what level of rent they would be willing and able to pay. Keep in mind that what you find attractive may not be appropriate decision making criteria for selecting properties slated for rental to others. People live in Germantown, and people live in Gaithersburg....figure out what would be a desirable rental property for your target market segment in either area and you should be able to move forward with confidence.
Gaithersburg or Germantown doesn't matter.
What matters is... look at the neighborhood. Is it nice? Attractive to a buyer and renter? Is there public transportation nearby but not too close? Stores? Is it relatively quiet? Maintained well by the HOA (if there is one)? A beautiful neighborhood keeps it's property value and commands higher fees.