How is the commute to down town?

Asked by Brook Dougherty, Oak Park, CA Tue May 29, 2012

Answers

2
sdtesar, Home Owner, Oak Park, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
I'd avoid it if at all possible, but if you have to do it, I'd seriously consider the Metro Commuter Express service that picks up along Thousand Oaks Blvd.

Life is too short to spend your life commuting to downtown Los Angeles...
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Mon Apr 8, 2013
It certainly depends on the day of the week, weather and time of day -- along with 'not-so-predictable' accidents and road construction. Here is an excellent tool to study the traffic patterns over the time periods of your planned commute: http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?region=Los+Angeles#lat=33.98… The traffic information comes from many different sources. In California, freeway speeds are primarily collected by Caltrans from sensors embedded in the roads. SigAlert downloads the raw speed data from them and displays it on their site in a (hopefully) easy to use format.
Los Angeles speed data comes courtesy of the Regional Integration of Intelligent Transportation Systems (RIITS) which is sponsored the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro).