How important is credit for leasing in Snoqualmie Ridge, if good income?

Asked by Sseattle2, Snoqualmie, WA Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

2
Jenna Kamran, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu Jul 24, 2014
Hi Sseattle2,

I agree with Laurie below. I have had up 29 different rental contracts at one time throughout my properties and as a landlord I still take it case by case. Upfront an honest is the only policy. A good landlord will do a background check and credit pull so be upfront and you may find grace for your situation.

One of my current renters had trouble and I still rented to them. They have been the best renters and are now still in there five years later. Good landlords will read the situation and the person.

Best wishes to you.

Kamran
Laurie Hende…, Other Pro, Bellevue, WA
Sun Jan 27, 2013
It will all depend on who you rent through. If you rent directly from an owner, they may have more lenient standards than an owner that is having their property managed through a property manager or listed through a broker who will screen prospective tenants for them.

If you have credit issues, it is better to bring that up in the first conversation so that both sides can determine if it is going to be a problem. Because of fair housing laws, property management companies and apartment complexes have to apply the same standard to everyone. This means there is very little flexibility for individual circumstances. A potential tenant will either meet the criteria or they won't. If they don't, than there usually isn't anything the agent can do to help them.