How far in advance should I start looking for a rental (1BR office, pet-friendly, HW floors, max $1400)in Los Feliz/ Silver Lake/Echo Park area?

Asked by Alexa, New York, NY Sat Mar 8, 2014

I'll be moving from NYC, so I'd love to set up times/ places to look at in advance, then hopefully fly out and make a decision.

Answers

2
Brad Korb, Agent, Burbank, CA
Sun May 25, 2014
Hi Alexa,

I would suggest looking 45-60 days out to find a place ,if you find that perfect place ,the owners may not hold it for you until you are ready to move in.Be prepared if that you may have to pay rent on two places for a week or two,good luck !
Anthony Aldr…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Mar 9, 2014
Hello Alexa,

When do you plan to leave NYC? I personally know how tedious the relocation experience can be; it's always best to begin the process as soon as you can. At a minimum, you should begin looking 45 days prior, but the sooner the better. But if you work with a realtor, we do the hard work for you. It's very difficult to do the legwork when you're 2500+ miles away. You don't want to be in a situation where you've signed a lease and the place is not what you expected.

If I could be of any assistance, feel free to contact me.

Anthony Aldridge
Realtor at Keller Williams Realty LA Harbor
(310) 294-4738
aldridge@kw.com
CA BRE #01946998
Thank you! I'll be moving in the fall-- probably last two weeks of September. I'm used to apartment-hunting in NYC, where you can't really look at places until 30 days out. I'd go out to LA to look for a place. How do realtor fees work in LA? In NYC, tenants pay broker fees if they work with a broker. I've heard that in LA, the landlord pays the broker fees. Any information would be helpful.
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014