How do I rent a home when I have an eviction I would like to stay in the county I currently live in because of the schools?

Asked by Tbanks2, Roseville, MI Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

5
Christina, Home Buyer, Harrison Township, MI
Thu Jan 3, 2013
I have a rental available if you're interested....586-634-0133
Where is it located and how much? My sister is looking to rent ASP
Flag Wed Aug 28, 2013
The Monzo Gr…, Agent, St Clair Shores, MI
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Good Evening,

Most landlords put credit reports. Just because you have been evicted does not mean you have a judgment. Evictions do not show up unless the landlord had you served and asked the judge for a money judgement. Did you go to court? I have landlords that will look past evictions as long as you can prove employment and previous home was not vandalized. Please contact me and i will explain more options 586-808-6436 . check out 27181 grandmont st. $875 per month open in 1 week.
Nick Sakalis, Agent, Syosset, NY
Sat May 19, 2012
In today’s market, credit, payment history and evictions are looked at with a microscope. Especially when it comes the landlords are professionals or property managers. That being said often times the landlords will be willing to look past certain financial issues in the tenants past if the tenant can show adequate income in the present moving on to the future. In addition, certain incentives may help the tenant's application acceptance. For instance, if the tenant is willing to pay multiple months upfront or if the tenant is willing to add a service to the landlord (such as raking leaves, watering the lawn, shoveling snow, etc...). In a situation such as yours, it’s always a great idea to give a sense of added value to landlord with your occupancy. I hope this helps you.
Thank you
Flag Sat May 19, 2012
Krista Johns…, Agent, Roseville, MI
Sat May 19, 2012
I deal with a lot of rentals and usually it starts with finding a landlord that's interested in talking to you about your situation. Some will dismiss your application on the spot but some may be more inclined to find out WHY you were evicted. You may have an explanation as to why it happened that the landlord could deal with. I've submitted letters from clients along with their lease application that explains their situation (evictions, low credit scores), how they got there--face it, these have been tough economic times and they've affected almost everyone--and found them rentals where landlord and client are happy with each other 2 years down the road. Just keep at it, sooner or later you'll probably find the perfect 'match' in a landlord.
Thank You
Flag Sat May 19, 2012
Marykay Gibs…, Agent, Roseville, CA
Fri May 18, 2012
So, pretend you are a landlord. If someone who has an eviction wants to rent your home, what would they have to do in order for you to trust them?

Thats what you have to do, minimally
....I don't think its a matter of "trust" as Krista Johnson so eloquently stated these are very tough times - and bad thing can and do happen to good hard working ppl- who are now called the "working class poor"
Flag Sun Jan 19, 2014
Thank You
Flag Sat May 19, 2012