How do I go about renting a house/townhouse? Do I need to have an agent?

Asked by Valery, 20910 Tue May 24, 2011

Answers

3
David Burnham, , Washington, DC
Tue May 24, 2011
It can depend on the market and what you are looking for. If you are looking for something a little more unique in a smaller market, then an agent might be able to help you.

If you are in a larger market and not all that particular, you can probably do fine without an agent. Check out places like Craigslist. It often has many times more apartments for rent than what is in the MLS.
Lisa Cannata, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue May 24, 2011
You can rent a house/townhouse directly from a home owner just be sure you have a legal binding contract and that you verify all information about the rental and contracts with your attorney. There are many scammers out there. Of course you can also go directly to a rental agent working for a reputable company and they can take care of all that for you as well.
Dave Griswol…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Tue May 24, 2011
HI Valery, You don't need an Agent but it's highly recomended that you do have an agent on your side to negoiate, locate properties for you,run search's along with their experience in rentals.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:  http://www.urhomerealty.net