How do I go about finding a real estate agent to look for a rental in Cleveland?

Asked by Trookie Nguyen, San Diego, CA Tue Mar 19, 2013

Most real estate agents that I've seen advertised are for home purchasing, not rentals, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

6
Wendy Pomeroy, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Many offices, like Plymouth Sails Realty, have a referral network to assist people moving out of Massachusetts be matched with an realtor in their new destination.
Locating a realtor that specializes in rentals is what you need to get a real feel for the Cleveland market.
Best of luck t your new destination!
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
I think Bonnie Mcalister may be able to help you find one:
Bonnie A. MacAllister, Broker
MACALLISTER REAL ESTATE GROUP
2401 Sanford Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43235
614-791-9080 Office
614-791-9895 Fax
http://www.bonniemac.com

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Tue Mar 19, 2013
There is not as much money is rentals as in sales, check the local paper and contact the landlords directly.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Your best bet would be to google it. Also try craigslist. Most rental agents place rentals on it. But on craigslist do not send anyone money, go to Cleveland meet the agent and view them to get a sense on what is best suited for you.

Simple questions you should have the answers for. How many people? When do you need it? Any pets? Any children? Any cars? How many bed rooms? How many baths? a/c? Where you will be working? Do you have first months rent and security?

Ask agent if the fee is paid by landlord or are you responsible? If you are is it a 1/2 months rent or full?

good luck
Kim Ouellette, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Good morning,
Did you have a Realtor when you were looking in Plymouth? If so he/she should have a referral network of other Realtors they can put you in contact with. If not, contract me directly and I would be happy to help you.
Jennifer Syl…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
I can put you in touch with a rental agent in Cleveland through the RE/MAX network (worldwide - 80,000+ agents). Please email me directly with your contact information, rental search information and timeline for moving.

Jen