Rentals in Rye>Question Details

Jenerino, Renter in Rye, NY

How do I find out if a local school has a Gifted and Talented Program?

Asked by Jenerino, Rye, NY Thu Jan 6, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Rye

Tammy Benkwitt’s answer
Visit the school districts' website and call the school directly. "Gifted and Talented" can mean many things. A school district may have another way of providing the services your student needs, but may call it something else.

One nationwide program is administered through Johns Hopkins University. It can help identify strengths in young students and offers various classes both online and in person. Some school districts coordinate with JHU in administering certain tests. The web site is below.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:
For accurate information, do contact or visit the school and ask all your questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 6, 2011
how do i fimd out if a local school has a gifted and talented program ?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
I find the schools in Westchester responsive to direct inquiries. I also support Anna's suggestion and link to Great Schools. That site has proven helpful to our clients.
I agree with Christopher. Contact the school directly.

Recognize, too, that there are varying levels or degrees of GT programs. Some are on a class-by-class basis. Others are total immersion--if a kid qualifies, he/she attends only GT classes.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Hi, Your best bet is to contact the school in question directly. I live in Rye if you need help with their schools.