How do I find lease with option to buy homes?

Asked by Bill, Akron, OH Thu Jan 21, 2010

Answers

5
Catherine Fl…, Agent, Akron, OH
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Your best bet would be with a Realtor. Someone that is familair with the process and has access to any that may be available. Good Luck
Leasing To O…, , Dallas, TX
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Hey there Bill....

Lease Option homes are more times created...than they are advertised.

Most typical Real Estate Agents don't know how to put one together or prefer not to get involved in them altogether because their payday is delayed...if they even get paid at all. And very few will be listed on the MLS. If you decide to use a Real Estate Agent, PLEASE interview many and simply ask them how many Lease Option transactions they have been involved in previously. Find someone with experience (usually tends to be one that actively works with investors).

Another way to find some, is to (as was previously mentioned) look at Craigslist, Backpage, or Kijiji under the "For Rent" section or even your local newspaper. Some of these people have had to resort to renting their house out because they or their Real Estate Agent were unsuccessful selling in the first place. You may find one that tells you..."Yea! That would be great because I wanted to sell it anyway."

I would advise, no matter what route you take, to use a KNOWLEDGEABLE Real Estate Attorney or Title Company in the transaction. You want to make sure everyone is clear about what duties and responsibilities they have throughout the transaction.

Best wishes,

Darin
Independent Consultant
Lease-to-Own Professional
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jan 21, 2010
If you don't have an agent now is the time to call a few realty offices, interview a couple of agents-- choose the one you like best and take it from there--your agent will best advise you based on your needs.
Jim Dvorovy, , Canton, OH
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Hi Bill,

The best way would probably be to engage the services of a local Realtor. Once you provide the criteria of the amenities your ideal property shoud have, as well as an acceptable target price, a search could be set up in our local MLS. The search could specify that in the brokers remarks would be the wording for lease option or land contract. As soon as any match properties show up where the seller will entertain those options, you would immediately be notified by email. I would be more than glad to do that for you if you send an email to me with your hoped for wants and needs in a property.

Also, you could put an ad on CraigsList.com stating what you want, and also browse the "housing available" categories. Log in to CraigsList, work your way to Ohio, then click on Akron/Canton. You will see tons of private owners looking to sell, perhaps some will even do lease purchase and land contracts.

Jim Dvorovy, Realtor
Cutler Real Estate
Cell 330-685-4615
Email: jdvorovy@cutlerhomes.dom
Elizabeth Ca…, Agent, Louisville, OH
Thu Jan 21, 2010
I have one in Alliance that is open for land contract or possibly lease with option.....very nice home, 3 BR's, 1 bath, formal dining, double lot & 2 car garage. Please contact me if you'd like to see it....Thanks, Beth Campbell of Another Listing, LLC Please visit our website for more info.