How do I find an apartment in the city without a broker?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Mon Nov 5, 2012

Answers

4
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Dear Trulia Brooklyn:

Real estate brokers exist on this planet because there is a need for our/their services. We make a buyer's, seller's, tenant's and landlord's life easier and that is why people are willing to pay us a fee for our services. If you want to save the money, you can try and do it yourself, but you may find that the added time you spend will not be worth the money you saved. Time is the most precious commodity we have, how much is your time worth?

If you still do not want an agent to help you, I would suggest you read the classified sections in newspapers, look for sign in the supermarkets and/or houses of worship and then go online to see what you can find. Google "apartments for rent by owner" with the zip codes you are looking in. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Michael A., Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 5, 2012
You could get an apartment in the City, all you have to do is call me. I have apartments in the City, without a brokers fee.
Thank you
Michael
718-745-5792
313-590-1533
Carlos, , 10009
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Good evening,

You can try the local newspaper, also check online. Remember as Agents we have an established relationships with Owners and Management Groups. We are entrusted to help Tenants and Owners. If you need help please contact me at czacarias87@gmail.com.
Joyce Pena, , Brooklyn, NY
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Walk around buildings and look for apartments for rent, why would you not want to use a broker