House listing approaching 5 months, market saturated, can I rent a home with bad carpet?

Asked by Yamara Santos, Fort Wayne, IN Sat Oct 22, 2011

With the Fort Wayne market saturated, my home is not selling and it is getting difficult paying for both rent and mortgage because of this situation I can't afford new carpet in the home. I have offered a multitude of things to a buyer but no one wants the home so I am looking to plan b.

Answers

4
Ken Richardson’s answer
Ken Richards…, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Realtor's live by a code of ethics pledging not to interfere with each other's client. For that reason we all defer your questions to the agent you have chosen to represent you. You trust that agent with one of your most valuable assets and should consult with him/her solely regarding the marketing of your home. Rather than getting a multitude of opinions and finding yourself in a "he said-she said" quandary sit down and have a heart-to-heart session with your agent. Each agent will have their own recommendations and marketing approach based on their own unique experiences. You are free to renew your listing with the current agent or shop for a new agent when your listing expires.
Russ Ravary, Agent, Commerce Township, MI
Mon Mar 4, 2013
All you can do is try. Most renters want nice carpet or a move in ready place
Ken Richards…, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Please visit my free informative website:
http://www.kenrichardsonrealty.com
Mary Sherer, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Your agent Tom Haggarty is the best person to answer this question. Indiana law requires that agents other than your listing agent, must defer all questions to that persons listing agent. Other agents are not allowed to offer advice other than to refer you to your representative.