Hi I 'm looking for a large 1 bedroom or large studio apt in the bronx.

Asked by Curtis Harper, Bronx, NY Wed Dec 12, 2012

I'm looking to move by January 2013 no later than February 2013.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3095557183-Apartment-Bronx-NY-10456

Answers

12
answer
, ,
Tue Aug 20, 2013
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Christine Go…, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Hello Curtis,

How are you? I hope you're doing well. Since I see that you were looking for a rental in 2012, I thought perhaps you might be ready to consider purchasing your own home at this time. If that's something you're interested in, please feel free to contact me because there are several great payment options available now to help moderate income households into home ownership.

I currently have a beautiful 1 bedroom/conv 2 bedroom HDFC Co-op listed for sale at 132 W 169th Street in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. The maintenance does not include utilities but it's only $650 per month.

Please feel free to browse the photos I have here on Trulia or check out the videos at my website link below. If you have further questions or would like to schedule an appointment, just let me know.

All the best to you :-)

Looking forward,

Christine Gordon
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Gorick Realty, Inc.
Cell: 917.881.2924 / Fax: 347.328.9352
View listings at http://www.gorickrealty.com
Subscribe at Gorick Realty
Joel Rivera, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Tue Feb 5, 2013

If you'd like to see current Bronx Rental Listings visit

http://www.bronxpad.com/rentals

Thank you for your question. Joel Rivera
Theresa Brown, Renter, Bronx, NY
Mon Feb 4, 2013
I am looking for a studio asap for me and my son and baby daddy . we both work and earns over 40000 a year. pleasehelp us in any way u can . preferable elevator
Mildred Vale…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Curtis,

I have some studios, but what you mean by large and what location in the Bronx? I see your budget is $925.00. Give me a call or email me at: exitwithmillie@gmail.com I have a couple studios left in Throgs Neck.

Best of luck!

Millie Valentin
Exit Realty Search
3928. E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
Off: 347-202-4965
Web Reference:  http://millievalentin.com
MR Fischer, Agent, MANHATAN, NY
Thu Dec 27, 2012
have avail big studio for$925 at e213 & jerome call 347-351-6244
Heiko Rivera, Renter, Bronx, NY
Sat Dec 15, 2012
HI,I AM LOOKING FOR A 1 BEDROOM APT,OR A STUDIO.MOST LIKELY IN THE SOUTH BRONX AREA,AROND PROSPECT,OR TREMONT AVE,OR WESTCHESTER AREA.I AM PLANING TO MOVE ASP.
Mildred Vale…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Curtis,

Your best bet is to get a professional that can help you with your SEARCH, Here at EXIT REALTY SEARCH we have a variety of rentals. Please contact me I would like to schedule an appointment for you to come into the office. As the year is amlost over February would be around the corner, we have a lot of rentals but they go really fast!

Best of luck!

Millie Valentin
EXIT REALTY SEARCH
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465
email: exitwithmillie@gmail.com
Mark Weitzman, Agent, Riverdale, GA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Hi Curtis. I have a large 1BR in Riverdale w/ great closet space. Near transportation, parks, highways. Parking only $60 if you have a car. Price just reduced to $1335/mo. Please email me at mweitzman@elliman.com or call me on my cell at 646-281-8763 if you would lie to see it. No dogs allowed, though.
THANKS

Mark Weitzman
Associate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
c: 646-281-8763mweitzman@elliman.com / http://www.elliman.com/mzw
Knowledge, Integrity, & Outstanding Service
Miriam Rosa, Agent, Bronx, NY
Wed Dec 12, 2012
I have a studio apt located near the #2 & #5 train between Allerton & Gun Hill Road. Rent is $850.00 (utilities included). Call me direct at 917-562-0552 for details.
Luis Sanchez, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Hi, Curtis Harper I could assist you to find 1BR Apt and Studio in the Bronx like Eastchester, Grand Concourse and so on. Let me know what is your rent budget and you could contact me via email to l.sanchez@myfinancialconnections.com and hope to hear from you soon, Luis
Mildred Vale…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Curtis,

Whats your budget and what neighborhoods are your interested in? I can help, here at EXIT REALTY SEARCH we have a wide range of rentals in the Bronx. Call me direct at 646-957-4648 or email me your qualifications to : exitwithmillie@gmail.com

Best of Luck!

Millie Valentin
EXIT REALTY SEARCH
3928 E. Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465