Hi, I am self employed. Where can I go or do for getting a apartment?

Asked by Joan M. Cora, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 1, 2014

I'm a self employed and my income is 2,500 monthly, i don't have any pay stubs or checks, just the bank statements that i received the deposits and my husband works at a Computer Software company, his income is around 2,000 plus commission per month. So we both earn 4,500 .

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mike Opyd, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 2, 2014
Bank statement should be fine. A letter explaining this to any landlord would be a good idea.
0 votes
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 1, 2014
Maybe you can show a bank account. But if you have zero proof, it can be hard.
0 votes
Jillian Pobo…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Apr 1, 2014
Essentially, you can get approved for an apartment unto $1500 a month. It's also very dependent on your credit as well. You'll have to provide a 1099, 2013 taxes or a bank statement to prove income. Depending on what areas you're interested in, you may or may not be able to find what you're looking for. Send me a message and I'd be glad to help you out!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more