Hi, I am interested in knowing more about the areas close to Villa Dr and Ashbrooks Dr..

Asked by Ella, 08820 Thu Nov 19, 2009

Hi, I am interested in knowing more about the areas close to Villa Dr and Ashbrooks Dr.. Is this a safe area? There is a rental priced lower than the Westgate townhouses, what would be the reason? Thanks for any advises.

Answers

1
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Thu Nov 19, 2009
Hi Ella,

First of all you can go to this website and see all statistics for North Edison (where Villa and Ashbrook Drive are located). When you o to the link, you'll see the following links : People, Health, Economy, Housing, Crime, Climate,Education, Transportation, Cost of Living, Religion, Voting. Just click one of the headings to get more information in that category.

http://www.bestplaces.net/zip-code/Edison-New_Jersey-08820.aspx#

Here's a snippet from the crime information from this site.

Edison (zip 08820), NJ, violent crime, on a scale from 1to 10, with 1 being LOw is rates 1. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Edison (zip 08820), NJ, property crime, on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being LOW is rated 1. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 3.

As far as rentla prices, in Westgate closed rentals the last 90 days were between $1800 and $2000 per month.

As for Heatherwood Villas (Villa Drive), in the last 12 months (there were only three closed) were between $1600 and $1850 so they are comparable in rental prices.
If I had to guess the reason Heatherwood is slightly lower it woudl be because Westgate has so much more open space and parking, whereas Heatherwood is very tightly packed and parking is difficult.

In North Edison, as far as townhome/comdo rentals are concerned, there are currently 10 units for rent ranging from a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath at $1650 in The Oaks, to a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath, (also in The Oaks) for $2100. There are two in Westgate, both listed at $2050/month.

If you are interested in seeing any of the rental properties, please contact me and I would be happy to email the listings and make appointements to show them to you.

Have a wonderful day !!!