Help?

Asked by Alj, 94403 Sun Jun 26, 2011

I am re-posting this (now in the correct county) in effort to find somebody who works in the areas I am looking at. I am looking for a realtor who can assist me with a RENTAL property in the Silicon Valley. I am looking as far north as Mountain view down to San Jose and the cities in between. Any referrals would also be great. Need help ASAP as I have just relocated to the Bay Area due to employment and am hoping to find something by August. Thanks for any help anybody can give :)

Answers

6
Mike Contini…, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Don't forget to try Rent.com also. It is a great site for finding places to rent.
Frederick Ra…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Hello Alj

We are in Santa Clara and we deal with corporate, furnished rentals. If you call our office and ask for Lori she will be able to give you information that should help you to locate what you are looking for.

Realty World Relocation Express
3400 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, Ca. 95051
Alj, , 94403
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Thanks for all your answers. I know all these sites and information already I just thought somebody would be able to help me but i guess not. Thanks for your time.
Mark Burns, , Cupertino, CA
Sun Jun 26, 2011
There are property managers who advertise regularly on Craigslist, the Mercury, etc. If you can't find what you want then you might consider submitting a letter or email to some of the property management companies you find in the advertisements. Property managers are generally looking for someone who has the ability to pay the rent, has good credit, doesn't have outstanding judgments or poor references from previous landlords, etc. They would normally prefer non-smokers and tenants without pets also. Tell them exactly what you are looking for, the area, timeframe to move in, etc. Some may be able to tell you about units coming on the market for rent in the next month or two.

It is unlikely that a real estate agent will specialize in finding rentals in Silicon Valley. Some may because they are an employee of a company and are responsible for incoming employees but that would be about it.

Mark Burns, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Elite - Top 2% Worldwide
DRE# 00896552 Licensed since 1985
Web Reference:  http://www.markburns.com
Alj, , 94403
Sun Jun 26, 2011
I know craigslist like the back of my hand and am on there daily ;) I know in the past realtors would have listings that sometimes were not always available to the public. Guess times have changed...thanks
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Personally, I do not know any Realtors who handle rentals. I hope one here on Trulia will respond to help you, however, the MLS has very few rentals. Trulia has a new and abundant rental section that you can browse and Craigslist is also a good resource for rentals as well.