Hello. My name is Sheila. I am on SS disability and need to rent an apartment. My credit is very poor. Is there any hope for me?

Asked by Sheila Ellis, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jul 19, 2012

My credit score is 548. My fiance' and I previously lived in Lynnewood Gardens in Elkins Park but fell into a financial hole in 2010 and were evicted after 11 years. We are currently paying them back rent. The apartment was in his name and we know we probably cannot rent in his name, but his income is vital to our renting a place. Is there anything we can do?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jamie Mccull…, Renter, Philadelphia, PA
Sat Aug 25, 2012
Hello. Im in the same boat as you and your husband. I get SS for my son. And have poor credit. Look..theres no GA(welfare..cash) anymore for no one in Philly as of Aug. 2012, Only foodstamps. Its a very long waiting lisit..yrs for Section 8..and low income housing. If you looking for something now, check homes and apts that dont do credit checks. You can also try to see if a property will still rent to you because you are currently..and actively paying now your back rent. Show them proof. And see what they say? Its worth a try. You are paying on back rent and they may let you slide..or you may have to wait until back rent is paid off. Good Luck. Have a nice day
0 votes
Philip J. Cu…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
I might be able to help I'll need for you to come into the office. Please call me at 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
Web Reference:  http://www.GreatPaRE.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more