Hello, Moving to Phoenix area by Mid-May...Please email me if you have a house with 4 bedrooms and a swimming pool in backyard.

Asked by feller29, Knoxville, TN Mon Mar 18, 2013

swimming pool in backyard..prefer retirement community.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3069349228-16426-W-Remuda-Dr-Su…

Answers

12
Jeffrey Masich’s answer
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Dear Feller:

Since you are not ready yet. You will be able to see an up to date list of homes to rent here. Once you know which city and area you are looking for it will be easier to zero in. The homes that are on the market now will be replaced by more homes in May.

To see the rental homes and search for just what you are looking for: http://link.flexmls.com/ua7p0bh3xot,12

Your real estate agent can help you further.

Jeff
Paul Enriquez, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Tue May 28, 2013
Hello, its been a while and you may already be living here by now but I now have a 2873sft home with a pool in Bell West Ranch which is surrounded by Sun City Grand, a retirement community on the north side of Bell Rd and the new highway 303. It is a great home that was recently tiled built in 2005 and is owned by some really great local friends of mine. Please take a minute to let me know where you are at in your process so I know if I can help put you guys together.

Paul Enriquez
Ready Set Sold Realty
612-964-2192
feller29, Renter, Knoxville, TN
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Basically, I gathered...its not going to be a private pool in my price range...so community pool is fine...gonna cut it to 3 beds maybe...and so far, only in Gilbert for now. I also learned it is too early to start putting application since we are not moving until 3rd week of May. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE REPLY. I WILL BE POSTING AGAIN BY LAST WEEK OF APRIL.
************UNLESS YOU HAVE PROPERTY THAT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL MID-MAY, I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU CONTACT ME PERSONALLY...MAYBE WE CAN MAKE ARRANGEMENTS SO YOUR PROPERTY WILL NOT EVEN HAVE TO BE IN THE MARKET IF I CAN ALREADY MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO RENT IT************************
Also, if you send me a direct email, I can set you up on an MLS 'portal' which will email you listings as they become available in your preferred area(s); Gilbert / 3-bedrooms / $1200-month or less / etc.
It's also much easier to track your properties once you log-in to the Portal.
You can reach me any time at: Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
Thanks!
Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
PH: 480.231.6769
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hello feller29. I went ahead and searched for all 3-bedroom homes in Gilbert under $1200/month. Currently, there are 45 'Active' listings; here's the MLS link to those 45 homes:
http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?zn6apz8qpug,12,1
Of those 45 properties, 17 are located in subdivisions with a community pool; here's the link to those 17 homes:
17 - http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?zn6aq0idp6b,12,1
I agree that it might be best to wait until the last week of April or even the 1st week of May before you start submitting credit/background check applications, but...you can definitely start making a list of your favorite properties from either of those two MLS links. If the listings you select are still 'Active' in a few weeks when it's closer to the time of your move, then you can take the next step and submit a credit/background check and rental application. If you're approved, most (if not all) of the landlords/property managers will pro-rate your rent starting on the day of your move-in.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
Jim Mitchell, Agent, Tempe, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Hi Feller29. The search I sent you was for the ENTIRE Valley, which includes: Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Phoenix, etc.

The tough part is the swimming pool. Most investors who own rental properties prefer not to have a pool due to additional costs and liability; also, each city has local requirements for pool fencing.

If you could eliminate the private pool it would open you up to many more 'Active' listings under $1200/month. We might get lucky and find you a home with a nice community pool as well, if that's ok.

Also, since you listed your ages as being 30-35, a retirement community isn't an option as it would require you (the tenant) to be of retirement age, typically 55+ and could also have rules that don't allow young children to reside long-term in the home. Some retirement communities don't allow rentals for this very reason; they want only retirees with no young children living in their community.

If you'd like a new search of the same areas and eliminate the private pool (or look at 3-bedroom homes), just let me know. Any of the areas I mentioned (Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, East Phoenix, Scottsdale etc. are within a 20-30 minute drive to ASU campus.

Regarding safe neighborhoods, as in any large metro area every community here in the Valley has varying levels of reported crimes. I would recommend doing some research on the areas in which you want to live prior to searching for a home. Here are a couple of sites to get you started:

http://www.azdps.gov/about/reports/Crime_In_Arizona/

http://www.azcentral.com/CrimeMaps/

These aren't the only websites available; there are other resources available to families looking to move to Arizona that want to research the local crime trends and statistics. A quick web search of 'crime statistics and trends in Phoenix Arizona' will return many websites in which to review.

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
PH: 480.231.6769
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
This home is still available for rent. Feel free to contact me via my profile and I can get you an application for this home or can send you a list of similar homes. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
feller29, Renter, Knoxville, TN
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Thanks for the answers..for now I am looking to rent house only. We are not picky as long as the community is safe (we have 3 year old toddler) would need outdoor time. We have expanded to search Gilbert area and Chandler.

4 beds/ backyard pool/ $1200 or less/ No Pet/No smoking ~ Couple are Veterans (30-35)..will be student to ASU and do plan to purchase a home after 1st year lease is up. We are very quite family, clean,and we take care of rental property like its ours. The only thing we ask because "we can't inspect location and the property prior to move-in" is that it will be in a SAFE/ LOW RISK community even retirement area is fine...even if its a drive to campus, we don't mind . Thanks.
Jim Mitchell, Agent, Tempe, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Hello feller29. I did a quick search of the entire Valley (Phoenix and surrounding communities) for ALL 'Active' rental properties under $1300 / month with a minimum 4-bedrooms / 1500 sq-ft home / 5000 sq-ft lot and a private pool.

It's a bit difficult to find a 4-bedroom home with a pool in that price range, but the search revealed 42 'Active' listings at this time. Here's the MLS link to those 42 homes:

http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?zn5y035wl2p,12,1

If you're interested in any of them, let me know. Rentals here in the Valley tend to go quickly if priced correctly. Since you said you were moving in mid-May, I would recommend you get started as soon as possible.

A couple of things you'll need to get started:
>every rental will do some sort of credit/background check; this typically is $30-40 per adult living in the home.
>the landlord will ask for proof of income (paystub, bank stmt) and/or employment
>you'll need to complete the rental application and turn it in with the credit check fee

As an agent helping you find a home, my fee is paid by the OWNER of the rental home, NOT you. The only fees you'll incur include:
>first months rent (sometimes a landlord will require last months rent up-front as well)
>refundable damage/security deposit
>pet deposit, if applicable (typically non-refundable)
>cleaning deposit (typically non-refundable) - not every landlord charges this

If you'd like more info on any of those listings, send me an email or give me a call. I'd love to help you find a great property here in the Valley!

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
Cell: 480.231.6769
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
Thanks, I will look through them thoroughly...I mean that is our budget...we do consider to live within our means.
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013
Jeff Mason, Agent, Coeur d Alene, ID
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will be happy to get a real-time list of available homes sent to you right away. Please take a look at the recommendations on my profile for references. Thanks!
Web Reference:  http://Www.iListAZ.com
Barbie Linds…, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Surprise is a wonderful place to live. I have lived there myself for the past 10 years. I specialize in Surprise and the surrounding west valley. A pool is a must here. You will enjoy it. Surprise is a great family community to live. You will like it! I am available to assist you. If you would like to contact me directly, I can email you some listings in the Surprise area. You can also FB me at Barbie Lindsey-REMAX Desert Showcase. I have a link to my mls search. So you can search for homes there.

Barbie Lindsey
RE/MAX Desert Showcase
623-670-2018
barbie_lindsey@yahoo.com
Paul Enriquez, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Anyone who has a home listed right now with that criteria would most likely have it sold by then with the pace of the market here right now. I am local to the area and would be happy to help you start your search. I can set you up with access to our MLS system through a portal set up to your specifications and have a web site that you could use to search the whole MLS on your own as well. Having been in the local market for a long time now I also have partnerships with lenders who can help you save thousands of dollars some of them with programs covering most if not all of your down payment or closing costs. When it comes time to spruce up your new home I have the contacts to save you dollars there too. Please feel free to email me at paulenriquez@hotmail.com or call me at 612-964-2192. I'd be happy to work with you on getting in a new home at a great price!!

Paul Enriquez
Ready Set Sold Realty
612-964-2192
paulenriquez@hotmail.com
Michael Fran…, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Congratulations. A pool in Arizona is definitely a must. We can definitely find you the perfect home. Just call us so we can get a few more details to refine the search. We specialize in Surprise, Peoria, Glendale, Litchfield and Phoenix areas.

Michael & Kimberly Franklin
Broker/Owner
The Property Shop
direct 602-628-6922
email azfranklins@cox.net
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Are you looking to rent or to buy? Please email me and i will set up a search for you with access to teh most up-to-date listings in MLS.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com