Hello: Is it possible to put up an ad for "Apartment Wanted" on Trulia? I am looking for an apartment in the Gramercy area in Manhattan.

Asked by Ddoctorofdance, New York, NY Thu Oct 4, 2012

I would like to place an ad for "Apartment Wanted" on Trulia, is this possible? How can I do that? I don't see the option for this type of ad. I only see the option buy and rent, not apartment wanted. I thank you in advance for your assistance, and look forward to hearing from you. My email address is ddoctorofdance@lycos.com.

DD Carter

Answers

12
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York City, NY
Thu Oct 4, 2012
there is no such an option on Trulia but even if you could do that then you would have gotten contacted by many brokers offering you different apartments. Since most NYC brokers are members of Real Estate Board of New York and share the same listing, working with one good broker would allow you to get access to practically all available listings - you just have to explain what your budget is, areas of interest, and any other requirements you may have for an apartment before starting a search
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Good afternoon Ddoctorofdance,

I'm afraid you cannot place such an ad on Trulia.com. Only real estate agents can post ads on this site. Here's my recommendations for you;

1. Pedro Espana at The Hecht Group. A great guy who does lots of Manhattan rentals and will work his butt off to find you the right place. (646) 404-6064 Here is his Trulia profile: http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-10022-1…

2. StreetEasy.com: local real estate site for New Yorkers. Not sure if you can post an apartment wanted ad there or not.

3. Have you tried Craigslist?

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528
Vishal Singh, Agent, Great Neck, NY
Wed Jan 28, 2015
You can call me 516-721-7249 based on your feed back I can tailor an apartment for you.
Best
Vishal
Neslihan Ozd…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jul 25, 2014
Hi Carter,

You got a lot of agents interested in helping you already! What would you put on your ad "Apartment wanted", I'd like to hear that. I'm a rental and sales expert focused on Murray Hill, Gramercy and Kips Bay area. I would like to help you finding your new home.

Nesli (nesli@sommerlyn.com)
Edward Hunt, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Apr 7, 2014
Hi - I would be happy to help you look for an apartment in Gramercy. I can be reached at 347-218-2749 or ehunt@citihabitats.com Best regards,
Ed
David Del Rio, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Apr 8, 2013
You just did - kind of. You have access to lots of agents answering your question.

David Del Rio
http://www.aclawrence.com/1487
David Gelfen…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Apr 3, 2013
There's a website where you can post an ad as a potential renter. To me, it feels like Facebook
It's called NakedApartments.com
Thu Oct 4, 2012
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Please contact me. I have nice apartments in that area. My name is Rhea and I can be reached at 347-500-2479. Thank you and good luck.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Why not simply consider working with an agent; also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money, as scams do exist; word of mouth, etc.
Joseph Asaro, Agent, SEAFORD, NY
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hello Dance Doctor, why dont you dance your way into a Real Estate Agency, locate an agent to your liking and have him/her do the search for you. They are professionals and not only will they locate the property of your choice, but will also answer all other questions that arise from Renting.

Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hi, Unfortunately, Trulia doesn't not have an option for this at the moment. I know Craigslist does though...

Chris